Far Cry 4

J4MES OX4D

New exclusive gameplay from the PS4 version

Forgot about this thread, going to get through all this tonight. Has someone added colour correction to this video because it looks crazy ass colourful!

I own FC3, Watch Dogs, and a ton of Ass Creed games.....

Far Cry 4 won't be able to bring anything new to the series for me.

Also, the chick at the end that you get to bang............ yea not impressive at all. Watching her die was far more entertaining

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I will probably get this on the PS4 as uPlay is totally wank on PC. I did enjoy the third game particularly the story but it was a bit bland when you finished it. The radio towers and taking over the bases were a bit tedious in time. I'm not 100% pumped for this game as it looks a bit samey but I am keen to explore the world and try out the new gadgets. It doesn't look like a massive step forward though.

The bases were all I enjoyed by the time I got to the second island.

There was a mod on PC that allowed the bases to revert back to enemy control after a point in time. Which honestly makes sense to me, and I wish they had had it in the PS3 version.

The towers were just fucking dumb, and about halfway though became completely unintuitive. Just because the mechanic works in Ass Creed, doesn't mean they need to incorporate it into every other fucking game. Not everyone in the world is a Spider monkey goddamnit

Also, Vaas.... man, when his part of the story is over, it felt like the game was over, and honestly it should have been, not even the crazy german could make up for the bullshit turn the story took. Also, don't get me started on the horrible decision making, or writing for all the sub-characters

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Vaas was one of the most memorable characters in gaming for me. Just incredibly well written and performed. The actor was so good; they modeled the baddie on himself!

The bases were fun and challenging although a bit samey and as long as you didn't alert them for reinforcements; it was a bit easy. I definitely agree with the bases being taken over again by spawning enemies just to keep you on your toes. Far Cry 2 was annoying because enemies respawned if you went out of the area by a few yards on the whole island. This was the biggest problem in that game for everyone as you spent 10 mins clearing the way only to come back after 30 seconds to find all the enemies had respawned in exactly the same positions. I'm glad they eliminated this in Far Cry 3 in certain areas but when you blitzed a load of bases; the island became soulless and very quiet indeed.

The towers were just this weird puzzle of getting to the top by crouching, ladders and jumping up stairs and barriers. They become progressively harder but more tedious in time. Hope you don't have to do the same in FC4. Perhaps overtake a bases communications or something where you kill two birds with one stone instead of base raiding and then annoying tower climbing. 

I desperately want to see more of the island and not just the base which has been in the gameplay footage. 

The towers were just this weird puzzle of getting to the top by crouching, ladders and jumping up stairs and barriers. They become progressively harder but more tedious in time. Hope you don't have to do the same in FC4. Perhaps overtake a bases communications or something where you kill two birds with one stone instead of base raiding and then annoying tower climbing. 

See, this right here is what they should have done

Hell, the "towers" in Watch dogs make more sense, although some of the wiring is just dumb.

Overall, it's looking awesome.  I'm definitely excited to play it... but, I'm not sold on the spirit realm aspect yet.  I'll need to see more of that before I know what to think, but it seems a bit odd.  Pretty sure I'll end up getting this either way though. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Kicking around pre-purchasing the Gold edition. Not sure though? The extra mission DLC for FC3 was totally bogus. I beat them in like 20 minutes. Is it worth the extra $30 for the unknown season pass DLC that I can pick up later for way less?  Worried it will be a stupid gun, gun skins or sub par missions I don't want. :mellow:

Far Cry 4 - Gold Edition
The Far Cry 4 Gold Edition includes the Limited Edition & The season pass. It is designed for any fans and new comers who want the most complete game experience on Far Cry 4

Pre-purchase Offer
Pre-purchase now to receive Hurk’s Redemption Missions consisting of 60 minutes of gameplay including, 3 extra missions and 1 exclusive weapon.

Three action-packed single-player missions featuring your pal Hurk:
Mission 1: Fight dangerous enemies in the ice caves of snow-capped mountains to retrieve a rare artifact.
Mission 2: Fight waves of enemies while riding an unusual vehicle with Hurk by your side.
Mission 3: In this epic bro-tastic conclusion, chase down an enemy convoy and save Hurk from certain death.
Exclusive Weapon: Harpoon gun “the Impaler”!
Use this modified whale hunting Harpoon with a Unique Skin Pack to shoot harpoon stakes!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Kicking around pre-purchasing the Gold edition. Not sure though? The extra mission DLC for FC3 was totally bogus. I beat them in like 20 minutes. Is it worth the extra $30 for the unknown season pass DLC that I can pick up later for way less?  Worried it will be a stupid gun, gun skins or sub par missions I don't want. :mellow:

Far Cry 4 - Gold Edition

The Far Cry 4 Gold Edition includes the Limited Edition & The season pass. It is designed for any fans and new comers who want the most complete game experience on Far Cry 4

Pre-purchase Offer

Pre-purchase now to receive Hurk’s Redemption Missions consisting of 60 minutes of gameplay including, 3 extra missions and 1 exclusive weapon.

Three action-packed single-player missions featuring your pal Hurk:

Mission 1: Fight dangerous enemies in the ice caves of snow-capped mountains to retrieve a rare artifact.

Mission 2: Fight waves of enemies while riding an unusual vehicle with Hurk by your side.

Mission 3: In this epic bro-tastic conclusion, chase down an enemy convoy and save Hurk from certain death.

Exclusive Weapon: Harpoon gun “the Impaler”!

Use this modified whale hunting Harpoon with a Unique Skin Pack to shoot harpoon stakes!

Avoid all games with Season Passes unless you know exactly what you're getting is my motto! If you buy the Season Pass separately; it'll probably be only £5/$5 more, so I'd probably get the standard edition with the pre-order bonuses and then just see what else is on offer down the line. 

It's funny how all these games are now 'seasonal' with these passes but many people just trade the games in after a month instead of waiting 4 more months for extra material after they've stopped playing and moved on to something else! I can understand with games like COD which have a structured plan over the year with content and a 'life expectancy' of 12 months but other games jumping on this Season Pass bandwagon have no real cycle in the industry so it doesn't make much sense. 

So, after much reading, I am actually excited for this game. let me dig out the keypoints as to why, and I will post them up