Amazon's A New World

Luseth

So I had not picked this up as intended originally and have now finally bought it with it coming out on consoles. It isn't cheap mind but I have a bit of a void at the moment in that a lot of games aren't quite capturing my attention and I am waiting for a couple to be released.

So picking this up and so far it's every part the MMO however it's quite pretty, the story seem's decent so far and I am quite enjoying it, you can see where it take's it's inspiration from mind.

As I put a few more hours in I will provide a more detailed write up but just thought I would open up the conversation and see if anyone else has played this at all?

Luseth.png

Not me - I’ve never been interested in MMOs, and now more than ever I don’t have the time that is required to invest into them! I’d say I probably get on average about 10 hours a week of gaming on my home console (I can play a lot of Marvel snap on my phone). 

If I got really into an MMO, I’d never be able to play any other games! 

Interested in your thoughts on this one though, being another attempt my Amazon to get into the video games space. Do you think it has staying power? Or one that will be forgotten in a year or two? 

So now I have spent some time with this over the weekend I have some thoughts, mostly good 🙂 

As far as an MMO goes it seem's fairly simple and streamlined which is great especially as I am playing it on a console however it does have the options as far as the number of dungeons and raids etc to make it a little more challenging. The game looks great though it does have the typical issue with loads of things jamming up the screen when you take on more quests, I have now worked out how to unpin them so I can make it look visually better.

Combat is quite quick and feel's a little more involved due to the more action based combat, the little video snippet below gives you an idea of the pace.

There is all the usual resource gathering and creating stuff, you select a class at the start of the game but your class is dictated by your weapon choice. So I selected a class at the start and that provided me a sword and shield so I can play a sort of tanking class however with a press of the button you can quickly switch to your second weapon whcih I have set up as the life staff (healer). You can also respec quite easily if you wanted to try something completely different.

There are 3 factions to join and then companies which are essentially guilds, the factions form the end game PVP stuff in that you war over different areas, forts etc. I have not gotten too involved in that yet but there seemed a lot going on in the faction chat yesterday.

As far as an MMO goes, it seem's a little simpler than WOW which is not necassarily a bad thing, it is easier to get into and enjoy straight away and it does have potential for staying power. I think as with every MMO though it does depend on how many people stick with it, currently the EU server that I am in is pretty busy and yesterday I did have to join a queue to get into the server (albeit, it was only a few minutes). 

So yeah, I am enjoying it and will definately get to and enjoy some of the end game stuff, could be good fun if we could get some of FG on it but I appreciate MMO's aren't usually the sort of game this place plays. That aside it's an MMO but much more action oriented so I think a few of you here could get some enjoyment out of this.

I have put a few photos below, these vary from cutscenes, to arty images (these typically come up when  to in game screenshots (you will see those as you will spot the UI).

IMG_8393.JPG

IMG_8394.JPG

IMG_8395.JPG

IMG_8396.JPG

IMG_8397.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8399.JPG

IMG_8400.JPG

IMG_8401.JPG

IMG_8392.JPG

Luseth.png