Hardcore vs Core

uberwarrior

As a rule I typically play Hardcore only except when running with folks from here. I prefer it to be honest. You don't run around with a big orange dorito over your head, making flanking a more viable proposition.

Most guns will actually work, makes your situational awareness more acute as you have find people and keep an eye on the flag indicators when playing Conquest.

DMR's are awesome in Hardcore also, as I've found out in recent times. Vehicles can't run and hide to get magically fixed, you need an Engie to fix it, you need Assaults to give you health when you've taken damage.

It's probably just me but I much prefer HC to Core when playing BF3/4.

I don't have any issues playing Core if with friends, but it's not my mode of choice given said choice. I know on the Battlefield forums there are plenty of folks that say HC is crap or even easy, I don't agree, but would like to hear from you guys as you'll no doubt give a more reasoned argument.

I am hit or miss on Hardcore in BF4

in CoD, Hardcore is how I always play. I just prefer it. but in BF, IDK, it just doesn't seem fun to me.

I always rock a Medic when I do play though

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I've played it and there are some better things and some that are less preferable so it balances out depending on what you like more. 

My biggest complaint about hardcore is spotting. It doesn't seem to work unless you are a recon. I suppose they do it that way so that each class can perform their intended roles better but if I see a guy running around I should be able to spot him at minimum for myself and my squad.

I tend to prefer the gun play in HC. The guns are much more effective. 

There seems to be fewer servers however which is already a deterent playing out east. Our sever count already seems low and I have to play with west or Euro servers often

i might give it another chance but generally i fucking hate it. only played it once in bf4 so far

you die within milliseconds, and no kill cam. if someone has a good camping spot, they can spend the entire game in one spot picking people off.

the thing that pisses me off the most is how your teammates name tags dont appear from distance. i see someone and start shooting at them and they are on my team....

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

They've fixed the friendly name tag issue. As for finding that pesky camper, get good! Sounds like I'm taking the piss, but I'm not. That's where the situational awareness comes in handy, plus you can always defer to the map as you respawn and work it out if they are spamming, not too many people use silencers in Hardcore which helps.

They've fixed the friendly name tag issue. As for finding that pesky camper, get good! Sounds like I'm taking the piss, but I'm not. That's where the situational awareness comes in handy, plus you can always defer to the map as you respawn and work it out if they are spamming, not too many people use silencers in Hardcore which helps.

That is a fact!

I do, but only as I know the recoil/ pull of the suppressors, and with it being hardcore, heavy barrel is overkill

Cool Story time:

Watched a guy on my team rock a Type 88 LMG with a bipod and PSO scope

I don't think he ever died. He would just camp his ass off the entire match. It was hysterical. LMG's suck at range, but the ROF was high enough that he would chip away at you in Hardcore mode.

It honestly reminded me of some Hardcore Black Ops 2 matches I had back in the day

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I played a few times but I just prefer core like in cod, bo2 needed hc but in ghosts its terrible, I like that guns kill slower and take more skill when connection is working, and if kill cams actually work at least you have a chance to find the pesky recon :).

Also as a noob to bf the mini map is a help.

I don't mind HC but you're really treading on eggshells particularly if the host admin has strict kick policies regarding team killing. It was a nightmare with the no-tag friendly issue existed and you always run into a few players who camp the fuck out of somewhere and you can't see them for shit. I've also got a bit disorientated on some maps without the map.  You die easier but can kill quicker and if you're struggling to get to grips with the netcode problems with bullet detection; HC mode is definitely worth a try.