The Dumbest Idea Imaginable

J4MES OX4D

Seems Logitech are exploring making a 'forever mouse' which will have a subscription. Trying to turn peripherals into services is so needlessly stupid, I really hope it doesn't take off in any capacity. It's bad enough seeing people hilariously being unable to open fridges during the recent Microsoft outage because they required an internet connection to a cloud service but producing a quality product that is lasting under the guise of a subscription is another stupid cash grab. I get they want to make cheaper products so people will have to replace them more frequently now but they'd be far better off just making more premium and higher quality ones instead of going down a subscription route. My Logitech mouse has actually lasted years and whilst that's great for me, it's bad for them but that's how it should be. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Seems Logitech are exploring making a 'forever mouse' which will have a subscription. Trying to turn peripherals into services is so needlessly stupid, I really hope it doesn't take off in any capacity. It's bad enough seeing people hilariously being unable to open fridges during the recent Microsoft outage because they required an internet connection to a cloud service but producing a quality product that is lasting under the guise of a subscription is another stupid cash grab. I get they want to make cheaper products so people will have to replace them more frequently now but they'd be far better off just making more premium and higher quality ones instead of going down a subscription route. My Logitech mouse has actually lasted years and whilst that's great for me, it's bad for them but that's how it should be. 

What are they saying are the positives about paying a subscription for a peripheral?

Yeah funnily enough my Logitech mouse is 12 years old now. I wanted to buy another as back up but they stopped making good quality mice in recent years and I've held back.

This idea is ridiculous but then we live in ridiculous times 🙈🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg