Silent Hill: The Short Message

Firstly, I was looking for a ‘Horror’ sub category to post this in but couldn’t find one … so I’m posting it here but let me know if there is somewhere else to post about horror games! 

Secondly, has anyone else played this yet? I beat this short game the other day and have mixed feelings about it. I actually found the story quite interesting and has a very disturbing and poignant message about bullying, suicide, mental health and neglect. Therefore I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone who may be triggered or upset by these subjects. 

The gameplay isn’t great, the visuals are good but the use of FMV is particularly interesting here. More and more games seems to be using this now and think it will play a big part in the future of games. 

I guess in summary I enjoyed my 2 hours with the game, but only trying to unravel the disturbing story, I didn’t actually enjoy ‘playing’ it. The last sequence in particular was very frustrating and I ended up just using a YouTube guide for it! 

Has anyone else played it? What’s your thoughts on it? 

If you haven’t played it but are interested, it’s a free game on the PlayStation store. 

Seen some dodgy reviews so haven't jumped om it as of yet but it's in my library for when I'm stuck what to play or haven't got anything.

Game play doesn't seem to bad but what do you expect for a free to play game.

slamminbones.png

I've heard it's only Silent Hill by name and everything else is pretty lame. Pity because the PT demo we had a decade or so ago was epic! Silent Hill 2 remake has also raised some surprise concerns that the developers (who are not very popular for numerous reasons) have missed the point and are trying to turn it into Resident Evil. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've heard it's only Silent Hill by name and everything else is pretty lame. Pity because the PT demo we had a decade or so ago was epic! Silent Hill 2 remake has also raised some surprise concerns that the developers (who are not very popular for numerous reasons) have missed the point and are trying to turn it into Resident Evil. 

I never played the Silent Hill games so I can’t really comment to that. However I did play PT and it does feel like this game has tried to recreate something similar, but PT is far superior.