Super Mario RPG Remake

Riff Machine

So this dropped yesterday.  I plan on picking it up today, but did anyone else grab it?  I've read some good reviews on it that it sticks true to the original.  Probably one of my fav RPGs from back in the day.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

A mate of mine at work is getting it. I want it, purely for the turn based action. Oh how I've missed that.

Looking at the trailer I do wonder how large it is. For it to have minigames and rematch bosses, it does feel like its more just trying out the experience with their characters more than any type of story.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

A mate of mine at work is getting it. I want it, purely for the turn based action. Oh how I've missed that.

Looking at the trailer I do wonder how large it is. For it to have minigames and rematch bosses, it does feel like its more just trying out the experience with their characters more than any type of story.

If you're looking for a good, turn-based style retro RPG, get Sea of Stars.  Or this I suppose.  Lol. 

I picked it up yesterday and have gotten a bit into it.  It plays out pretty much the same as the original.  You can even change the music to the classic style rather than the remake soundtrack.  It looks and plays exactly as I remember it.  I've heard that it's not very long, but I'll update myself when I've finished.

I finished this the other week.  Hot damn, that was fun to play through again.  Even the secret boss from the original is in there, and exactly the same.  Once you've finished the game, you can access, and challenge more powerful bosses that you've fought previously, and they are tough.  It all culminates with another fight against Culex, but an updated, polygon, 3d version that is tougher than the previous versions.  It's a damn good fight.

If you haven't checked it out, please do.  This is a perfect remake of an SNES classic.

On 12/21/2023 at 2:43 AM, Riff Machine said:

I finished this the other week.  Hot damn, that was fun to play through again.  Even the secret boss from the original is in there, and exactly the same.  Once you've finished the game, you can access, and challenge more powerful bosses that you've fought previously, and they are tough.  It all culminates with another fight against Culex, but an updated, polygon, 3d version that is tougher than the previous versions.  It's a damn good fight.

If you haven't checked it out, please do.  This is a perfect remake of an SNES classic.

Reading that makes me want it. How big was the world and game, mate? I'll add it to my wishlist for 2024.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Close to 30 hrs.  Its worth it IMO