MW4 *CONFIRMED*

J4MES OX4D

I wouldn't be surprised either way. They might want to carve out their own niche in the franchise, or they may figure that the name Modern Warfare is a safety net that will sell games in and of itself. I'm guessing that many, if not most, casual fans don't even know which development studios work on which games, or that there is even more than one.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. They might want to carve out their own niche in the franchise, or they may figure that the name Modern Warfare is a safety net that will sell games in and of itself. I'm guessing that many, if not most, casual fans don't even know which development studios work on which games, or that there is even more than one.

Agree. 'Modern Warfare' is a proven and popular template for the series. Ghosts was an entirely new story but was hardly memorable or unique. If they do go back down the MW route then the game must be completely fresh as opposed to a rehash or plain continuation. I'm still pinning my hopes on a COD4 prequel but a sequel to MW3 and that would be a snooze. 

Wait wasn't there a rumor about the next cod being a WW2 game? Or was I just dreaming :(

That was a rumour for treyarchs next offering, that could still happen but 2015.

If it is mw4 not too bothered its all in how it plays etc,

ill be honest, I don't care what its called, I just want it to play well and enjoy it again...

im not fussed about the name Modern Warfare, that's the era id prefer to play in, although BO was my favourite...

maybe a past era wouldn't be so bad either...

blackops2sig.jpg

techno, on 02 Mar 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

That was a rumour for treyarchs next offering, that could still happen but 2015.

If it is mw4 not too bothered its all in how it plays etc,

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up, hope 3arc does another ww2 game!

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up, hope 3arc does another ww2 game!

I hope so too but reckon Activision would fear that the WWII setting would put-off some of the younger gamers who joined the bandwagon in MW2 and they seem to be a large target market now based on the current dumbed-down ghastly offerings. 

I'm willing to bet that many people who joined the COD circus around 2009 never even knew of WAW and never even played or seen it in action.

I'd take WAW 2 over BO3 any day of the week. 

I hope so too but reckon Activision would fear that the WWII setting would put-off some of the younger gamers who joined the bandwagon in MW2 and they seem to be a large target market now based on the current dumbed-down ghastly offerings.

I'm willing to bet that many people who joined the COD circus around 2009 never even knew of WAW and never even played or seen it in action.

I'd take WAW 2 over BO3 any day of the week.

I totally agree with the franchise going back to WW2 era but i'd like to see a modern day version of COD: UO.

Guns that take real skill to use. Tanks, jeeps, MG nests and anti tank positions. Levelling up inside a game. So once you had 1000 points you got more ammo, 2000 an extra grenade, all the way upto being able to call in artillery strikes via binoculars.

Damn the more i mention about this game i'm tempted to see if people still play! Just a shame it was only ever out on PC

I-I don't want to. xD

His speculations are all over the place and have little to no stock to them ("this leaf right here on this map confirms a new killstreak that's a flying monkey that throws sh*t at enemies").

Remember when he "confirmed" the new alien game mode for Mw3 becasue there were tubes of zombies in Kino Der Toten during BO1? The poor f*cking idiot.

The RICH poor f*cking idiot, sadly.

DM9ON.png

A wild Rumor appeared.

L_C_Scipio used Ignore.

It's super effective!

Seriously though, I put approximately zero stock in that. Seems way too fishy.

Here's a theory. Somebody at SH "leaked" fake files just to troll all of us. That would be genuinely hilarious. Also it occured to me that come November I'll be deep into Destiny and probably won't buy CoD no matter who makes it or what it's about.

Here's a theory. Somebody at SH "leaked" fake files just to troll all of us. That would be genuinely hilarious. Also it occured to me that come November I'll be deep into Destiny and probably won't buy CoD no matter who makes it or what it's about.

I'd say they are probably legit although there wasn't much detail. COD usually instigates a 'leak' buy tapping up a YouTube puppet to start the wheels of the hypetrain this time of the year regular as clockwork. Drift0r has been a prime target for the last couple of years because of his mature captive audience and his links to MP1st and CharlitIntel. 

The leak was probably approved by SH although the informant was playing it pretty coy from the shady inbox message. Nobody would leak info against the company at the risk of an internal investigation and potential dismissal. I'd say it's a careful and elaborate ploy by the devs particularly as they need to take the sting out of Titanfall's imminent release. 

This is the marketing tac we see today with COD and it does work as gradual interest soon builds into crazy hype about the most smallest things. 

E3 isn't that far away, Iguess we could wait for reliable info.

My money is on that Sledgejammer won't produce anything worth being noticible for.

You guys need Red Orchestra 2 on consoles. Seriously, the most fun you can have in a ww2 setting. One shot kills, old school bolt action rifles, no scopes (as in no optics, not the 8 year old leet style of playing), it's awesome.

tumblr_mb9n4dEVvc1r16ull.gif

DM9ON.png