Meta Threads

So Meta aka Facebook will be launching their version of Twitter tomorrow and with the latter being in a complete shit show right now, it's a good time to do it. I don't think this will come close to dethroning Twitter and it is yet another risky venture by Cuckerberg, but if there is to be a chance to capture and shake up some of the market, now is the time to do it. Twitter is scrambling real bad right now with persistent poor decisions but I feel Threads looks just like an Instagram comment section so it's really had to assess. Grabbing people from existing Meta services and then having a clear functionality will be key in the basic sense but with all their services in the decline and haemorrhaging money in new projects, this is probably 13 years too late and a step back from their common ambitions. 

_130278876_threads.jpg.webp

How on earth have we come full circle back round to an app that is essentially Facebook evolved when we all started to explore other apps when FB had some dubious questions over the years.

Sod it, I never really did socials when I was younger, so lets get My Space back and go there.....OR.....lets just tell everyone FG, not FB, is the place to be for all the cool kids 😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How on earth have we come full circle back round to an app that is essentially Facebook evolved when we all started to explore other apps when FB had some dubious questions over the years.

Sod it, I never really did socials when I was younger, so lets get My Space back and go there.....OR.....lets just tell everyone FG, not FB, is the place to be for all the cool kids 😎

Bring back Bebo! I still have songs to bluetooth share and pictures to publish with my Nokia😎

Twitter threatening to sue Meta already 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Twitter accused Meta of hiring former employees to make a “copycat” of the Elon Musk-owned social media site, as Meta's Threads app draws millions of sign-ups.

Threads got 30m sign ups on day one which seems a promising start and this could easily multiply especially with the ongoing dumpster fire at Twitter. Musk is literally reducing functionality and limiting usage to protect its information and internal tech but at the end of the day Twitter will always be a loss making platform so he will never be able to recoup off his $40bn-ish acquisition through net revenue gains ever IMO. Now with direct competition from an established multi-platform social media company with an existing reach of over 3.5bn people, they really are in the shit and I don't even think legal settlements or licensing could possibly be agreed because of what's at stake. 

24 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Twitter threatening to sue Meta already 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Twitter accused Meta of hiring former employees to make a “copycat” of the Elon Musk-owned social media site, as Meta's Threads app draws millions of sign-ups.

Threads got 30m sign ups on day one which seems a promising start and this could easily multiply especially with the ongoing dumpster fire at Twitter. Musk is literally reducing functionality and limiting usage to protect its information and internal tech but at the end of the day Twitter will always be a loss making platform so he will never be able to recoup off his $40bn-ish acquisition through net revenue gains ever IMO. Now with direct competition from an established multi-platform social media company with an existing reach of over 3.5bn people, they really are in the shit and I don't even think legal settlements or licensing could possibly be agreed because of what's at stake. 

I personally find Musk's changes to Twitter to be ones of good nature and intention. Limiting use to a reasonable standard of times to protect users from addiction and mental health issues, something other major tech companies and subscribers in these companies have forgotten.

The Lawsuit seems to be of legitimate cause and from the outside it is obvious that Threads is a Copy and Paste job.