World of Warcraft Classic Hardcore

Apparently WOW Classic is getting Hardcore realms! That means they are launching classic 2004 servers (so just the original game, without any extensions etc) but you have to follow the hardcore ruleset which in essence is DEATH = DELETE. There is a bit more too it (i've added  pic that summarises it) but it is rather tricky because the game is an MMORPG which means the content is created to be group played but you have to go it alone!

I'm defo going to jump in and give it a go!

Esc_hFPUwAAzcUI.jpg

signatures small.jpg

On 7/10/2023 at 3:03 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I imagine class would be difficult to choose because of the heals being only Single Player @Middle Class Caveman?

In WoW, every class can learn first aid and cooking, so it's not all bad. However, the paladins, priests and druids who can self heal do have a statistical advantage. 

I started a warrior on the weekend on one of the realms that is hosting 'hardcore' unofficially (it's an add on rather than a server dedicated to the above rules) and I have to say just getting to level 6 was hairy! 

signatures small.jpg

49 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

In WoW, every class can learn first aid and cooking, so it's not all bad. However, the paladins, priests and druids who can self heal do have a statistical advantage. 

I started a warrior on the weekend on one of the realms that is hosting 'hardcore' unofficially (it's an add on rather than a server dedicated to the above rules) and I have to say just getting to level 6 was hairy! 

Think this is just proof it's meant to be played with a group where you can have a healer/tank/DPS.

41 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

The failure rate is incredibly high, like 99.1% or something....still, nothing ventured, nothing gained lol

Is the threat Horde PVP or just the normal creatures and stuff you kill?

2 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

PVE - the current hardcore challenge is on an RP server but the official servers will be non-pvp to avoid griefing

That makes sense. What class/race have you chosen? I suspect some sort of ranged character would be easiest.

This is really making me want to play WoW now.

3 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

That makes sense. What class/race have you chosen? I suspect some sort of ranged character would be easiest.

This is really making me want to play WoW now.

I’m currently trying a warrior because I’m a fuxking moron lol.

apparently Mage and priest have the highest success chance 

signatures small.jpg

4 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I’ve started a Tauren Shamen. My first time playing Horde! And my first shamen. I actually bought an add on guide called zygor which guides you around and I have to say it has been very useful! Made it to level 12 and no deaths

What's an add-on guide?

On 7/22/2023 at 8:27 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

There are a few companies that run third party software that guides you through the levelling process. Tells you what quests to take, where to go etc. was really good

How did I never know about this?

On 7/24/2023 at 7:31 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

These are fairly new, do you remember Joanna’s guide back in the day? A big written PDF thing? It’s like that but it’s an add on with an arrow in the screen etc 

Were they like the fast leveling guides?

That sounds pretty useful.

I never really used anything like that, had a add-on for Raid DPS I think, but that was about it.