Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - First Gameplay and Story Reveal!

GazzaGarratt

Just dropped at Summer Game Fest. Sweet 3 and a half minute trailer.

Loving the Chocobo's! And on 2 discs!

Thoughts?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I enjoyed the last one, I still miss the turn based combat and is partly what made the series a bit special for me. That said it looks grand, it has that grand scale you would hope for, visually it looks fantastic and you can see there appears to be a limit on 3 you are running around with but I do wonder how they will deal with qty of characters, will we see the groups split up like in the first game so Cloud and co do Red XIII's arc and Yuffie and whoever goes off elsewhere. Meeting Vincent could be quite cool too.

2 discs, call me mad but seeing that gives me some excitement, it suggests a big game and FF games have always been that.

I am not entirely sure how far this game will go as far as the story is concerned though so that in itself will be interesting, we have come a fair way already with just the first game and getting the pacing right to spread them through 4 games will be key.

Luseth.png

29th February 2024! This game looks bloody fantastic and I think i'll have to try it out, regardless if the style of battle is not my preferred approach. There are so many updates to the world, including the chocobo races, minigames, etc that really makes it feel a super large value game - similar to the first one all those years ago.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb