Triangle Strategy - What a gem

So I am going to try and get into the habit of doing little write ups when I complete a game, I really enjoy my single player games, particularly RPG's and though my gaming time has diminished in recent years and then a lot of that is absorbed by FG I am still trying to play a few games they just may take longer to complete.

TriangleStrategy1.thumb.jpg.cff4d96f60d62e88a968861b79a7058d.jpg

So I will start with the reason I play these games, the story -

I really enjoyed the story, as I reached the end I could see that there are obviously options for different endings but I felt that the route I went down was more heroic, the sort of story to go down in legend (in game). There is betrayal, there is friendship, there is romance. It felt very old school Final Fantasy if I am being honest!

Visually it is lovely, if you are into this style of game it looks great and the art style has a charm to it.

Trianglestrategy2.thumb.jpg.648aa7ce093caa5188e3f30d1168f066.jpg

The game really excelled with it's combat, battles could be challenging and you really had to think about how you approached some of them. If anyone grew up playing Final Fantasy Tactics on the GBA like I did, this will bring back those fond memories, it's not quite as slow as FF but it did have a steady pace to it. Turn based combat with a grid system but you were not punished in the way that Fire Emblem tends to where you lose characters when they die in a battle.

Anyway definately one of the more charming games I have played recently and it definately left me wanting more. If anything I felt like it all came to a bit of an abrupt end and there was still some story left to be told which was a bit of a shame (maybe they had planned dlc?)

But yeah out of 10, I would give it an 8 🙂 

Luseth.png

Putting it on my “To play” list.  Excellent review @Luseth

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*