Tove

A full reset is coming with Season 4

This includes

Faction Missions Progress

Contraband

Keys

Mission Stash

Insured Weapon Slots

They state that the insured weapon slots will have new ways to unlock them. 

I gotta be honest if they make them purchasable that might be enough for me to not come back to this game.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, Tove said:

I gotta be honest if they make them purchasable that might be enough for me to not come back to this game.

That would probably be a game breaker for most people TBH. Although I'll admit I haven't played DMZ for quite a while (even though it was one of my favourite parts of MW).

20 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I don't know, remember when you use to be able to prestige in COD?

Kind of the same thing. However I do agree that some of those missions can be a pain in the ass

how is taking away insured slots and possibly making them purchasable the same as the old prestige system?  

5 minutes ago, Tove said:

how is taking away insured slots and possibly making them purchasable the same as the old prestige system?  

You lost your guns, you perks, your kill streaks, your letals, your equipment and you had to earn the back until you maxed out your level again. 

You started over with 4 default classes and some default guns. Everything else had to be earned again

Later on you could purchase bundles with blueprints and Voila and level 50 Gun with maxed out attachments the minute custom slots open up

How is not?

49 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You lost your guns, you perks, your kill streaks, your letals, your equipment and you had to earn the back until you maxed out your level again. 

You started over with 4 default classes and some default guns. Everything else had to be earned again

Later on you could purchase bundles with blueprints and Voila and level 50 Gun with maxed out attachments the minute custom slots open up

How is not?

because entering prestige mode was an optional choice. You had the option to keep all of your weapons at max level if you didn't want to grind for them again. 

57 minutes ago, Tove said:

because entering prestige mode was an optional choice. You had the option to keep all of your weapons at max level if you didn't want to grind for them again. 

Then you would not have prestige. I agree with what you are saying, however I remember every person in this group prestiging so it don't that would be a big deal. A lot of people were upset at not being able to do that anymore as they didn't have anything to work towards and there were a number of challenges that were available only after prestiging 

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Then you would not have prestige. I agree with what you are saying, however I remember every person in this group prestiging so it don't that would be a big deal. A lot of people were upset at not being able to do that anymore as they didn't have anything to work towards and there were a number of challenges that were available only after prestiging 

Yes and thats a choice which the player can make but anyway whether or not anyone chooses to prestige or not isn't the point. My point is that it would be a pretty shitty move for them to take the insured slots away from people and then make them purchasable. Thereby more pay to win

I honestly don't mind the slots being taken away and I also don't mind them being made purchasable, but if they do both then that is just a shitty move. 

13 hours ago, Tove said:

Yes and thats a choice which the player can make but anyway whether or not anyone chooses to prestige or not isn't the point. My point is that it would be a pretty shitty move for them to take the insured slots away from people and then make them purchasable. Thereby more pay to win

I honestly don't mind the slots being taken away and I also don't mind them being made purchasable, but if they do both then that is just a shitty move. 

That I agree with but I have not seen anything indicating that would be the case. Perhaps you have. What they said is that they would be earned differently which strictly speaking would mean that you don't have to purchase them. I could be wrong

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That I agree with but I have not seen anything indicating that would be the case. Perhaps you have. What they said is that they would be earned differently which strictly speaking would mean that you don't have to purchase them. I could be wrong

It’s an assumption on my part but let’s be honest no-one would be surprised

On 6/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, Tove said:

It’s an assumption on my part but let’s be honest no-one would be surprised

I played a number of matches yesterday and I have slot 2 unlock. They made it easier but more of a grind which is fine with me.  You need to get the black mouse rep to level 4 (which is achieved by doing tier 1 missions) and then loot a bunch of things and extract with them.  The #2 slot is super easy.

The #3 is easy but takes patience. You need gold bars and skulls. 

I like the changes so far.  I'll see how the rest goes. You have to unlock a lot more which is why the reset was needed. For example you need to kill certain specific bosses in order to be able to barter certain specific items (like the vests). I am sure people will complain that will lead to people killing operators in order to loot as that is easier than the bosses (since there is only one per match and some are hard to get to).

6 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

The #3 is easy but takes patience. You need gold bars and skulls. 

Can you still keep extracting the same skulls and bars with a secure backpack? That’s what I did for this mission last Season, 

I haven’t touched DMZ in several weeks. I’ve been enjoying my return to dead by daylight instead. 

2 hours ago, Tove said:

Can you still keep extracting the same skulls and bars with a secure backpack? That’s what I did for this mission last Season, 

I haven’t touched DMZ in several weeks. I’ve been enjoying my return to dead by daylight instead. 

Don't know. Never tried it but it sound like a darn good idea.  Will try to team up with some of my friends and try it. Even finding the first Bars is touch and go. Then we can kill a Boss and get the needed skulls.

Thanks for the tip