Immortals of Aevum

GazzaGarratt

From EA Originals (so you know, brace yourself 😄) a new single player, FPS. The developers have made Dead Space remake though and that has had rave reviews, so it could be a potential hit and there is some vibrant gameplay on the trailer below. Out on July 20th 2023, I imagine on all platforms as its from EA.

Thoughts everyone?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I watched this one and I couldn't help but feel like this will be about £5 around 3-4 months after launch, it's nice to see EA trying to create something new but just because it has fancy colours and lighting whizzing about the screen does not mean it will be a good game. Combat need's to be much more engaging in games like this these day's. 

I don't think it will be one I am buying unfortunately.

Luseth.png

On 5/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Luseth said:

just because it has fancy colours and lighting whizzing about the screen does not mean it will be a good game. Combat need's to be much more engaging in games like this these day's.

I agree with that. So many well known developers do the same and its easy to fall in love with the early bright colours. It has to share some unique gameplay or mechanics to probably get me more interested nearer to release otherwise I share your not so positive outlook on the price later in the year.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm interested, but I agree with you @Luseth  

It's one of those games that has a big "WAIT AND SEE" sign right outside the construction zone.  Looking pretty can only get a game so far if the gameplay sucks ass or doesn't hold your interest.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*