Streamer Deepfake Scandal
Posted

Meh.  If we all apologised for dodgy sites we visited we'd all be spending the rest of lives apologising to everyone else.

The pros, cons, technical skill, requirements, ability or morality and legality of deep fakes are all interesting discussion points but what sites some random person has visited? I struggle to care less.  Obvious that's caveated that the sites someone visits are legal.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

New software / apps to play with?
Posted

I'm sure we've had the conversation about what 3D you use for work but I can't remember.  But on the 3D front, obviously Blender is free and there's plenty of guides and videos on YouTube that could help you learn it.  Also is Fusion 360 still free for personal use?

Picture and Movie editing help
Posted

Honestly it’s hard to say anything other than the Adobe suite.

Photoshop and Lightroom for photos.  Photoshop and Illustrator for graphics.  Premiere Pro andAfter Effects for video.

It can get quite pricey as it’s a subscription model but there’s other options if you go on the high seas.

The Queen 1926-2022
Posted

I am a royalist but have never had much interest in the royals.  So i’m quite surprised at the impact this has had.  It kinda feels like the whole nation has lost its grandmother.

She did a lot for this country and dedicated her whole life to the service of the country is something to admire.

She was such a constant for so long that not having Queen Elizabeth is going to be weird.  Even little things like can you imagine a tenner without the queens face on it?

The Queen is dead.  Long live the King.

Amazon buys MGM
Posted

@RenFenggeI’m with you in that, I’m still bitter about Dark Matter getting canned.  Sadly though this merger won’t change the fact that a sci-fi show with CGI will cost significantly more than some garbage reality show while also not getting more viewers.  I only hope that they can see how many people joined Prime for things like The Expanse to realise it is worth producing them still.

Still, on topic; it’s not a surprise as Amazon seem to want to buy all the things and sell all the things.

I also appreciate your pun game even if was accidental.

Coronavirus
Posted

Beggars can’t be choosers springs to mind.

If someone needs a transplant and refuses a transplant for a stupid reason like that, take them off the transplant waiting list; simple.

Meeting new players - PC
Posted

Hello my name is Greebs and I like long walks on the beach and candle lit dinners.......oh that's the not the type of meeting you wanted 😆

There is a few PC games that bring us together, the biggest is probably 7 days to die which with the Darkness falls mod is both brilliant and horrible at the same time.  I also run a modded Minecraft server, currently running Sky Factory 3, and is open to anyone in FG.  Outside of that though PC can be a little sporadic with games here and there on Star Citizen, Green Hell and more recently Valheim.    Valheim does look interesting and something to keep an eye on with the good feedback from those who have played it though I'll probably be holding off for a little while as I picked up a few single player games I want to try first.

Sent a friends request on Steam though too so hopefully see you in a game or on Discord sometime 🙂

What did you get for Christmas 2020?
Posted

Yeah, last September I got a Valve Index so different but basically the same and I can confirm they are awesome!  I've mostly been sticking to sim racing with it but I've played a few other games.  Like you I've also tried TV/movies on it though I've been meaning to sort out a better seat so I can watch a whole movie as I really want to watch the Star Wars original trilogy in 4k in VR.

What did you get for Christmas 2020?
Posted

Outside of the usual bath sets, t-shirts, chocolate and jelly beans the most notable was a new lens for my camera (slight fllex 😛) and a blend your own whisky set; where they give you a few different tasting whiskys (smokey, fruity etc.) and the stuff to blend them.  So that's going to be some tasty to try out 🙂

Lebanon Explosion
Posted

It really doesn't make sense why there were such quantities of amonium nitrate were stored in such a way especially in such a built up area.  I guess it probably happens alot though and we only hear about it when things like this happen.

The crazy thing is the damange caused but from a military perspective the blast wasn't that big.  There's conventional bombs that are 5+ times the size and that's without going nuclear which can be 1000's of times larger.

Top 10 games of PS4 generation
Posted

1. Destiny - Don't play it these days but that's me not the game

2. Horizon Zero Dawn - One of the best SP games I've played

3. Overwatch - So many great (and frustrating) nights playing this

4. CoD Blops 3 -

5. GT Sport

6. No Mans Sky - Say what you want about it at release, it now is a brilliant game

I'm sure there's more so I'll think of the other 4 and update my list.

Funny conversations
Posted

The funniest one that stands out for me was chatting to a friend at work about Escape to the Chateau and Dick Strawbridge.  Now this is the type of person who gets louder and more animated if they're talking about something they like.  I can't remember the exact conversation but it did end with them saying "I love Dick" rather loudly in the middle of an office.  Then shortly afterwards adding "I'll be watching some Dick later".

Favourite Quotes
Posted
25 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

That was going to be a tattoo, soooo glad I checked as it completely changes the context and, unfortunately, doesn’t work. 😔

Whoops, glad you checked then 😆 guess my memory isn’t as good as I thought.

Favourite Quotes
Posted

A couple more I thought of;

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you." - Firefly

"When the people we love are taken from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them.  Buildings burn, people die but real love is forever." - The Crow)

And another from The Crow - "It can't rain all the time."

"An optimist and a pessimist are sitting at a bar and the pessimist says 'things can't get any worse' and the optimist says 'oh yes they can'" - Toby, West Wing.

Racism doesn’t exist....
Posted

The issue has gone on for far too long and seemingly without any progress and this seems to be the straw that broke the camels back as they saying goes.  So not to trivialise it but there are bigger issues that are and have the potential to effect millions or billions of people - ignoring global pandemics though that makes the list but genocides, global warming, nuclear proliferation etc.   She also has a good point, we are all the same on the inside - the colour of our skin is different but we all bleed red.  We are all made of the same things, we all involved in the human condition.  So I agree with her that racism doesn't exist....

Wait, what, wtf? Nope.  Stacey you're on your own with that one.  You were almost on to a good post there but you took that down faster than a Germanwings pilot.  I'm out.

Pokerstars Tournament
Posted

Absolutely hate you all!!! That is all 😆

No, great night and a good laugh.  There were more of us than I thought so good banter all around.  I can't believe some of the hands I lost but oh well, that's the luck of the draw.  It was still a laugh, thanks for setting it up @LordBaguette and I look forward to it if we do another.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy