Tournaments
Posted

So I mentioned earlier in my one topic I wanted to start holding tournaments. Most of you know im destiny fan boy but im down to play other games as well.

So my ideas would be maybe weekend tournaments or monthly tournaments to see where this goes. No exclusions everyone is welcome to participate all for fun and laughs.

The idea behind tournaments are just another actively as a community we could put together as a group to help have more competive side of FG without being toxic because we are all family here because at the end of the day it would be fun

Now for what would be in the tournaments would be any game that has a multiple people allowed to participate in for example: Destiny, COD, Battlefield, amoung us, fifa, gran turismo, etc... this is just some of the games I'd had ideas for tournaments for.

Now what I would say "rules" to tournaments are

1. HAVE FUN

2. Enjoy each other's love for games

3. Kick some ass 🤟

So some of the examples of the tournaments we could do would be in Destiny we could do private match cruicble or gambit matches but to make it interesting we could do Raid races between teams or something even more creative in other games.

So to end this off I wanna be competitive with my friends without the toxic side effects and to know we are doing it for fun. This could be in future to be apart of FG Fridays if @GazzaGarrattthinks it goes well. 

Please feel free to leave any feed back or comments here or discord much love.

Sony Buys Bungie
Posted

Basically this is a way of Sony getting there feet into the door of having a IP and developer that will make future games other then their main studio. Sure buying Bungie right now and only acquiring one IP looks and sounds ridiculous but imo it was a smart move in the right direction with multiple companies scooping up other IP right now. 

There are multiple rumors and emails floating around right now that Sony is not buying different IPs so bungie might of been the first one they grabbed. I think from what I have gathered Sony is looking at sqaure enix and one other IP.

With all this being said, Sony would be stupid to touch destiny, they would lose money making exclusivity to that franchise until the game is basically done. Why I say that is because of the cross-platform on how it works. Worse comes to worse we get the d1 treatment. I feel destiny as a franchise will continue to grow to whatever there wanting to do to wrap it up and then have big dad Sony now pay for whatever they are wanting to do next.

Bungie more in likely went with Sony so they could get into there studios to make actual TV series or movie out of destiny. Now with the future of bungie we might see console exclusive but it won't be for every game. 

Now my thoughts on it, I'm kinda in the middle about it. I hope we don't get the shitty end of the Staf like normal and we can keep the community without breaking up new games from different platforms. I think we will see bungie break up some of its knowledge probably pump out hopefully some good games and maybe even TV shows who knows. I might be being to optimistic on this hole buy but I can see great things coming in Sonys future with a powerful company behind them now with litterally unlimited money to produce wonderful gaming environments but the future will tell. 

So my opinion might be one sided on this but I agree with clive on this one. I'm not saying anyone is bad at the game but if your interested in this kinda of thing or always wanted to try out a low man raid or any activity really. Let's get you in there and practice it. Let you do rolls your not comfortable with until your confidence is up and boosted knowing you can easily do anything in the game as well. I'd love to help people with it but I'll put as much effort in as the next but you have to be willing to be able to learn and try even if you fail don't get discouraged or quit. Sure some pick things up quicker then others but once your confidence is up on each thing your in there. Then you'll be able to even teach someone else if it came down to it which is an awesome feeling as well. I know a lot people don't play destiny anymore because it's either a grind for them or they are not interested in doing things like this which is totally fine but I do know a handful of people might be curious on attempting something like this. So if anyone wants help let me know don't be afraid to reach out speak up please. I get some people like playing solo as well but hear me out and Lee will agree playing with friends is always better then being alone. So give us a shout with no fear of us not responding always down to help and teach much love.

Is Joining Destiny Now Too Late?
Posted (edited)

Let's see where to start ill try awnsering this to the best without going down a rabbit hole. Yes Destiny 2 is a great game for someone to start or to get into. There are so many reasons I could list on why you should play but im sure you have heard. The game has come a long way and I think starting out is easier then ever before but if you have small guidance because the game can feel overwhelming without even any paid content.

So let's get into the nitty gritty of it. There will always be options and choices for new players to jump into activities or different game modes in this game, people say the game is dying or its dead but its not. I have been gone since after beyond light and ill go into the after effects of why but as a new player if you have people to play with then life will be so much easier in the game. Understanding the classes the weapons the perks the loadouts and stuff will come in time so don't worry about that stuff just enjoy the strikes the campaign that's free then have someone take you on a strike and show you what the characters and weapons are really like and you'll be sucked in.

Now for the part that I think is super toxic about this game. Bungie bungie bungie is very poor at listening to there community also very slow at adding in new content or fixing certain issues the game contains. What I have learned if it gets to point where your not feeling it dont force it let it go destiny 2 can be very very very addicting especially with friends chasing the loot the weapons the hole 9 yards doing harder activities like raids and hard missions like grandmasters.

So down to why I left and came back. I started what over a year ago if not longer now I don't remember I put almost a year into the game of grind love sweat and tears into it and it got stale they were not doing anything to my liking and having stale droughts of no new content that I didn't feel was like in the right direction. Now 3 seasons latter in the game its still not perfect its still the same game just made new changes of life bonus and just making the game less of what I call toxic or more community friendly. I switched to pc and wasn't able to play with my friends anymore on there so I used it as an excuse to step away and play other things but now crossplay is enabled I have actually spoke to friends I have talked to in months and it's so nice.

So here's the thing if you wanna play destiny and you enjoy what your seeing in the first 4 to 8 hours of gameplay give it a chance play with friends go on mission earn rewards and ask questions cuz im sure there are multiple lifers here that will be able to give you the knowledge the know how and the techniques you need to keep going. So flat out awnser is yes play the game only thing I can say is don't let it consume you or let it ruin your mental health because of the bad toxic ways of bungies at times if you want anymore info or why you should play the game I'd be more down to be actually going into full blown details of what the game is all about.

Edited by GazzaGarratt
added spaces so we could read it easier! :)

Endless power grind, thoughts
Posted

To be fair the grind will always be there yes its apart of destiny culture 💯 but i think being in there with a squad or your mates and slamming stuff around is just amazing. Sure you can do that on a lot of games but like i said the game isn't for everyone. Also id like to take the time and say this as well id like to go and try more games as well on ps4 that your all playing i know a lot of you have been playing the hunt. 

Endless power grind, thoughts
Posted

@Diddums im gonna come up and say i totally disagree on that but I get what your saying. I played D1 and its was sorta the first of its kind. I had not touched D2 until recently and being new to it I can understand where everything feels fresh but im sure several people can say this as well and @GazzaGarratt. I put a lot of time into last season and I have almost every pinacle and exotic other then maybe 1 or 2. So I see your point on the stuff being the same but to be fair the balance between all characters has been the same since D1 sure some have advantages over others but it all depends on how you play them. I was a titan main D1 now im a warlock main and I play all three characters quite regularly now. I can say there a lot more advantages of being certain classes. You cant go in a run a raid with a six man of hunters and expect it to go well on boss damage phase unless your running class specific gear. The healing on a warlock is amazing but no one uses it other then in raids for harder content where it should be expected. They are changing the way game is done up but they will never be a wOw style game. Its own mess of fun. I think people who don't enjoy the game don't enjoy the style of fps with random rolls and stats because the same can be said about borderlands they all have perks and abilities but what does everyone do they go for the most op guns and load out there is no diversity. Now from soloing a lot of stuff a lot last season I can say that even if you dont enjoy destiny in a hole it does feel good to complete a raid or activity with your lads. Hell back on the topic of fps and stuff warzone is so simular as well to fornite with the seasonal shit so i mean i think it honestly depends if the game is your cup of tea. I know i love finding random awesome Armour rolls for stats because that allows me to actually play with my abilities regen rates or how I survive in a certain game style. Like your not going to go into crucible iron banner or trails with a raid gear load out thats for sure same goes vise versa your not gonna run your pvp load out in regular open world play or in certain activities. I just opened myself up a little bit this season to run more hardcore pvp and I couldn't figure out why I was doing ok. Well talking to some people I found out it was my build. If your not optimizing your builds even just trying to use the right stats or loadout of course everyrhing is going to feel slow clunky or just down right not fun. Also the joy of seeing a raid exotic drop is an awesome feeling and there are plenty of people in the clan who still dont have specific raid drops or Armour but they are changing the game in a way that it will be able to last longer and hopefully grow into something better. They are moving away from a lot of the normality In the game to something bigger like they are getting rid of the bounty grind and i think they are planing on working on the power grind as well because it gets old. I know a lot of people hate the grind but thats apart of the game. Same can be said with borderlands you litterally load into a boss map blast him in like 5 secs to see if you get your drop and after 50 times of doing it you might get it if not then try again. Like I said from earlier I think the game is styled towards a lot of people but not for everyone. All id like to see is older players come back and give it a shot with some of us new players and let us maybe let some of that old destiny shine come back to you all because destiny in reality is more than a game its a community and its very big. I love the game but it has its flaws like other games as well but which one doesn't but this game did bring me close to what I call you guys as family and I really hope to see some of the older members on and if so give me a shout join a party join up we can do whatever love yall thank you.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy