Console subscriptions
Posted

I can't be bothered sorting out a PC for gaming so I'll keep paying. I only use the "essential" Playstation Plus as the other tiers just look shit compared to Game Pass and I have an Ultimate subscription for that. 

fart.gif

From September 6, Sony will increase the price for 12 months of PlayStation Plus Essential (currently, $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99), PlayStation Plus Extra (currently $99.99 / £83.99 / €99.99), and PlayStation Plus Premium (currently $119.99 / £99.99 / €119.99).

Here are the new prices:

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription: $79.99 / £59.99/ €71.99

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription: $134.99 / £99.99 / €125.99

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription: $159.99 / £119.99 / €151.99

Why are they doing this? Because:

“This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.”

But we all know the real reason is that they're the market leaders and they're greedy so they're doing it because they can. The slogan they use for Playstation is "For The Players" but it feels more like "Fuck The Players".

fart.gif

On 4/27/2023 at 10:34 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

According to their revenue report the UK is 4.86B GBP which is about $6B USD. The profits are 168m GBP

Microsoft is a $198B dollar so the UK is about 3% of the revenue

Activision Gross profits were about  $5.3B last year which is more than  $5B  that of the UK profits

So I agree that the UK could tell them they cannot operate in the UK if they don't play ball. However it seems to me that MS should just tell the UK to suck it and they will go ahead without them. The Activision profits are almost the UK revenue so it would not be a lost of revenue for them. 

Then they can tell the UK to go find a substitute for MS Office, Outlook, teams, cloud .....  and wish them well in their future endevor

Maybe have a tea party in the Boston harbor for good measures 

It's not just about what MS products get used in the UK. The UK has a lot of power in the world and a lot of services and technologies are owned/run by the UK. The CMA ruling affects the whole world.

fart.gif

Videogame Magazines
Posted

The first magazine I used to buy as a kid was Amstrad Action. Purely for the cassette you got on the front.

Then I jumped onto Mean Machines and when it split I'd also buy Mean Machines Sega and Nintendo Magazine System.

AmstradAction57.jpg

MeanMachines01.jpg

mean.jpg

nms.jpg

fart.gif

I think the issue is the continuing console shortage issue means it's just not worth making a game solely for the new consoles. Publishers simply aren't willing to the lose the amount of sales from making games cross gen. 

Unfortunately I think it'll be another year before we start getting true next gen games. 

fart.gif

Sony increases price of PS5.
Posted
1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They have people by the balls so why not. It’s insane how many people are desperately trying to get one when there’s really nothing worth buying for it. May as well milk your own customers for as much as possible in this case. 

Totally agree. I've said quite a few times recently that Sony are just fuckers for taking the piss. They increased the prices of games, increased the price of ps+ and now this. People just seem to defend them. 

fart.gif

Sony increases price of PS5.
Posted
e912ef0ad7c46b9a44339d1978b3ef7d7ec6f942
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

New recommended retail price coming to select markets in the EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions, plus Canada. 

Because, well, Sony gonna be Sony.

• PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
  • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99

They're already in short supply and Sony think this is a good move.

fart.gif

Console History
Posted
7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think these early ones counted as a hybrid, considering we had to load a tape and wait 10-20 minutes for the game to load! 🤣

And people moan about the loading times on modern games 🤣

fart.gif

Console History
Posted

Atari 2600.

Amstrad CPC 464 (yes I know it's a computer)

Sega Master System

Super Nintendo

Playstation

Playstation 2

GBA

Xbox 360

PS3

PS4

Xbox One

PS5

Xbox Series X

Also I had friends that owned other sysems such as the Commore 64, NES, Amiga, Atari ST, Megadrive. I remember a friend of a friend, who's parents were super rich, had a Neo Geo when I was 15/16 😲

fart.gif

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

With Apex keeping the franchise relevant, Ithink they could easily work on a small DLC/patch update to Titanfall 2 and create a 'Definite Edition' to relaunch Titanfall 2 at the right time. They could make a little bit of cash and increase the playerbase overnight bearing in mind how well it was received previously from the 47 players that played it at the time.

There were definitely at least 100 playing Titanfall 2 at one point 😉

I think they should release a new gen version with cross-play support. That would be awesome.

fart.gif

On 3/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

They launched it in the same week Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered were released from what I remember.  EA completely threw it under the bus. Thankfully Apex reignited Titanfall as a brand and really put Respawn in the spotlight. They seem to be the one studio EA wont meddle with so I hope it stays that way. If Titanfall 3 exists, then it'll be Respawn's call it seems. They did the Star Wars game so there is definitely resources available outside of Apex so a new Titanfall is a strong possibility now.

They launched TF2 the week between the launches of BF1 and IW, so it was BF1 first then TF2 the next week and then IW the week after. The simple fact is that it wasn't an established IP so few people were going to choose it over BF or COD. They released the first game in March so they should have done that with the second.

fart.gif

MXEFn5UsFELBwasY9nmqdg-1200-80.jpg
WWW.TECHRADAR.COM

It looks like future Bethesda titles will be Xbox exclusives

It was bound to happen. MS won't have spent all that money just to let their main competitor have their games.

PS owners will be upset but then PS owners also liked to brag that PS has the best exclusives.

Personally I'm fine with it as I'll have both consoles.

fart.gif

EA Staff Under Investigation
Posted
On 3/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, RenFengge said:

Oh lookie. Real life corruption of FIFA infects virtual FIFA world. Color me shocked. 🙃

Yeah, EA is just pissed that they aren't getting a cut of the money. That's about it haaha.

That was my thought exactly. They aren't happy that somebody has got a cut of the ridiculous amount of money they make from FUT.

fart.gif

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy