bf4 tips/help

techno

So what is the Recon Kit intended to do?

Also, explain carbines for the every class?

I get not letting everyone equip an LMG/ Sniper, but not PDW or AR. That seems silly.

IDK, clearly I am nitpicking for no reason other than debate

Yep it does seem a bit strange given you can use a carbine on all classes. Equally not a big deal, given you can use a carbine on all classes lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recon's should spot and target (for the engineer or support) from far away. It seems like no ones does however. If you are going to be far away you probably need a sniper rifle or DMR.  You can use the PLD, SoFLAM, MAV, T-UGS and SUAV to do that. Then your supports can use their mortars to rain death on infantry. You engineer can use one of the launchers that is guided to a painted targer and you can snipe from a safe distance. Most recons however just seem to sit on a hill trying to get headshots for their You Tube channel.

I don't think you would have medics playing the game if you let everyone equip and ARs. Revives don't show up in that final screen but you number of kills do. 

Carbines don't quite have the range or accuracy the ARs do so I suspect it is a good compromise to give them to everyone. 

BF3 allowed PWDs for everyone and I use to use the hell out of the UMP-45, the ACR-W or ACE 52 seem to be good alternatives to that.

Carbines don't quite have the range or accuracy the ARs do so I suspect it is a good compromise to give them to everyone. 

the aku 12 might as well be the ump45 from mw2...its so easy to pic people off from long range, that i havent had to use an ar all evening

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

also, where the hell are my battle reports going ? i shared all my games for this evening and there is absolutely nothing on my battlelog, just says "no game activity" in both battle reports and game activity sections

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

so in the bf4 menu it tells me to log into battlelog using an email address that no longer exists (old university , wiped the address now ive left)

does you origin account have to be the same email address as your psn ?

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

so in the bf4 menu it tells me to log into battlelog using an email address that no longer exists (old university , wiped the address now ive left)

does you origin account have to be the same email address as your psn ?

I have no idea man, sorry

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

How long does it take before I can enjoy this game?

You`re at so a disadvantage at the start of this game regarding guns vs other players that has unlocked better guns imo.

I`m totally a noob though, played a handful of games last night (borrowed the game) but are at a 100% win rate so far :lol:

You`re at so a disadvantage at the start of this game regarding guns vs other players that has unlocked better guns imo.

I`m totally a noob though, played a handful of games last night (borrowed the game) but are at a 100% win rate so far :lol:

All the starting guns are OK. Not great but not horrible either. Just OK. The ARs get good when you unlock the M416. All the carbines are pretty good. The biggest thing to remember is the attachments dramatically change the gun. Muzzle break vs compensator is huge to me. They change either the vertical or horizontal recoil of the gun. Grips make a big difference on a gun also. Some help stability others accuracy or hip fire. Its a learning curve. The biggest thing to remember is that this is not CoD.

I seem to die with just a few bullets vs my ten :)

Got a share of headshots though. And a million assist :lol:

I might just buy this game..

All ARs have pretty much the same damage of 30 I think. Then you have to account for damage drop off at a distance. Remember to burst fire too at range. It really helps.

I love it. I never thought I would. Its not CoD and that's what I like about it

I seem to die with just a few bullets vs my ten :)

Got a share of headshots though. And a million assist :lol:

I might just buy this game..

I think we've all been through a tough baptism with BF4 , I know I did, it's just part of being late to the party. Stick with it and it becomes a really gripping game though

The starting guns in the Engineer kit and Assault kit are actually pretty good. 

My suggestion if you want to level up and get going is to do the following

1) Start with the engineer kit and play conquest. Cap as many flags as you can and level up quickly

2) Equip the mines as soon as you can. Drop mines close to flags when there are land vehicles. The mines stay even after you die. The disappear when you redeploy then or change kits

3) You should get carbines pretty quickly. The first two are pretty dam good and can be used on ANY KIT. Which means you can level them up pretty quickly.

4) Once you have your carbines, I find your pretty competitive with guns. The AK 5C is my best gun.

5) Play the campaign and get the M249 LMG. That guns is pure awsome if you are struggling. It has 200 rounds. Just keep shooting until the are dead and then resupply yourself.

6) learn how to spot. You get 25/50 points everytime you do and someone else get the kill. It also helps to level quickly. People who do not spot drive me nuts. 

Start off with domination and tdm to get used to gunfights before thinking about vehicles

Don't pilot choppers until you have learnt to fly them (use test range or play air superiority).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

You don't have to drive/pilot the vehicle to get points and contribute. For example you can be the machine gunner in a tank and also do the repairs if you have the repair tool to keep the tank alive as long as possible. If you die hopefully you can respawn back in the tank. You can also spot for your driver at that point to keep the tank "safer" and engage in battles.

Same with Helicopters. 

It's so damn many options!! :)

I started in tdm last night after getting the ps+ working. (Noob alert!)

Figured out I had to restart the console.

Also, the campaign seems quite ok so far. Love the graphics on this game on ps4 :)

It's so damn many options!! :)

I started in tdm last night after getting the ps+ working. (Noob alert!)

Figured out I had to restart the console.

Also, the campaign seems quite ok so far. Love the graphics on this game on ps4 :)

There's some glitch were the campaign doesn't save ( actually I think the glitch is that the console doesn't find the saved game). I lost a lot of progress because the campaign started from fresh and I didn't back out. Just be careful, if it looks odd, back out (good advice for any number of situations). I'm planning on blasting through the campaign on easy when I get a day to do it, just so I don't need to save. Needs doing as there's 3 guns for multiplayer at the end of it

There's some glitch were the campaign doesn't save ( actually I think the glitch is that the console doesn't find the saved game). I lost a lot of progress because the campaign started from fresh and I didn't back out. Just be careful, if it looks odd, back out (good advice for any number of situations). I'm planning on blasting through the campaign on easy when I get a day to do it, just so I don't need to save. Needs doing as there's 3 guns for multiplayer at the end of it

Same thing happened to me 3 times. So I've said fuck it, I don't have 6 hours to play it all the way through.

Hopefully they fix this.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE