EA Stock Down -$3,000,000,000

J4MES OX4D

2 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

EA has made record earnings since 2012 despite this stock rating. I think people believe this actually hurt them. They won't bat an eye for this. 

I think they may have some difficulty with growth going forward now as they've been shamed in the media globally that many investors wont want to be associated with them. If regulation is brought in or the concept of gambling is scaled back to avoid major scrutiny; that will certainly blow a chunk of their future earnings. The negative exposure alone is pretty priceless though and their shitty PR is just making it worse for them.   

They have been shamed so often in the past its not even funny. They don't care.

They have been voted worst company of the year, 4 times at this point? More?

Keep in mind, their stock is down $3.... thats it

And its trading at $106 which is up from $12 where it was trading for the longest time.

The vocal minority is all we are here

EDIT:

EA stock is trading at $105.72, Up $0.22 for the day LOLZ

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

5 minutes ago, Sennex said:

They have been shamed so often in the past its not even funny. They don't care.

They have been voted worst company of the year, 4 times at this point? More?

Keep in mind, their stock is down $3.... thats it

And its trading at $106 which is up from $12 where it was trading for the longest time.

The vocal minority is all we are here

EDIT:

EA stock is trading at $105.72, Up $0.22 for the day LOLZ

Exactly.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Here is the other thing

Most people think when they read a company lost XX amount of money that that money is actually gone

Its not. No one went into EA's bank account and grabbed $3,000,000,000 from them

This is an estimated valuation based on how much EA stock is out there, what the priced move to, and if EVERYONE that owns EA stock were to sell immediately.

Maybe you guys know this already, most don't, most think about it in terms of themselves. If I were to say I lost $300 dollars, everyone would know that my bank account was short that amount of money. When talking stocks that is not the case.

Stocks are bought for long term. Thats why its called an investment.

The chances of EA even bothering with a Share holder call, or Board meeting over this is minimal. If the trend continues for a full quarter, then yes, people can start feeling better about themselves and jerking off over EA's "failure"

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Agreed, a piss in the ocean, however...

There's a train of thought that if you dick people around long enough you do irreparable damage to your brand in the long term.

I'm trying to recall a comparison to what happened to one of the wrestling giants in the US... I will see if I can find it again...and jog my memory.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Stocks are bought for long term. Thats why its called an investment.

I remember when Sega were the biggest electronics brand on the planet and people said they would dominate the indsutry for decades to come. One bad console year and the next minute they are a small-time publisher now living off DLC sales for growth after almost hitting the wall. Even having to whore out their beloved Sonic to arch rivals which nobody in the 90's would have ever envisaged.

You never know in this indsutry - the bigger they are the harder they can fall. The chain reaction could be significant if budgets get squeezed and shareholders decide to take their money before the shit really hits the media fan. This period is also supposed to be EA's biggest earner so if they get hit hard now into the quiet time and with sod all games pencilled in for next year; it could impact them worse than people think. 

EA have received much criticism in the past but nothing on this level which really does question their ethics, morals and business practices. It may not make a difference to the ever-declining quality of the AAA industry and if people want to waste money on it their fair enough but it's nice to see a company not being entirely untouchable and being held to some account before things get really out of hand. 

Sega is a great example of a hardware company failing through hubris, but its a bad example of a gaming company that failed through hubris. 

Instead use THQ, Westwood, Broderbund, or Hudson.

Regardless:

Sega boasted without being able to back it up. They didn't nearly have the holdings that EA has now. Let alone the holdings that Nintendo had at the time. (Nintendo has been around since the 1880's. Not even kidding here, they are a fascinating company to read about.

It would be like me walking into an MLG tournament and boasting I was the bestest FPS player EVA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure I play FPS games, sure I am decent at them, but I am laughable next to everyone else.

41 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Sega is a great example of a hardware company failing through hubris, but its a bad example of a gaming company that failed through hubris. 

Sega weren't just hardware - they were software and it was the software side that sank them. Not the point though - they made billions and less than a decade later they were losing money to that tune because they weren't getting the backing for continued support going forward and many backers turned to rivals such as Sony despite their console being a third as powerful as Sega's at the time. If companies don't have the continued financial support; things can go south out of nowhere regardless of what they gross from sales.

47 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Instead use THQ, Westwood, Broderbund, or Hudson.

I'm going to take a guess that those were the first companies that popped up on a Google search for bankrupt videogame companies over the years or something. 

Anyway I'm not saying that EA are going to go bankrupt overnight or whether something like this will affect them gravely but it's nice to see them having some bad press and any impact shouldn't be underestimated especially when shareholders can walk to rivals and get a better deal without as much aggro. 

It was the hardware side that tanked them. Specifically the Dreamcast.

And you would be wrong, those are gaming companies that I used to absolutely love that went bankrupt because of bad decisions, and bad PR.

Its sad you don't actually recognize the names, but that should also tell you something about them.

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

It was the hardware side that tanked them. Specifically the Dreamcast.

And you would be wrong, those are gaming companies that I used to absolutely love that went bankrupt because of bad decisions, and bad PR.

Its sad you don't actually recognize the names, but that should also tell you something about them.

Dreamcast died because of a distinct lack of software that Sega promised. The machine itself was excellent at the time and by far the most powerful on offer. Sega convinced backers to invest based on the companies they could potentially acquire rather than what was already on their books and they distinctly did it on the cheap. From what I remember they even alienated EA who opted against supporting the platform - a company that Sega absolutely assured backers they would secure.  So instead of users playing FIFA 99 as expected; they were left with UEFA Striker. Bad decisions and bad PR can still affect EA today regardless of how much they are bankrolling. 

I'm familiar with all those companies also. I probably have every Westwood strategy game ever made and also a big box sealed edition of Blade Runner mint which is worth four figures today.  EA have already murdered studios to the extent they are really running out of developers and I very much doubt DICE are happy seeing their BF2 creation get torn apart by forced features. If shareholders still want to back EA after their antics this year then good luck to them and it just sums up the state of the indstry now. 

This book will help you understand why Sega failed, Service Games: The Rise and Fall of SEGA

https://www.amazon.com/Service-Games-Rise-Fall-Enhanced/dp/1494288354

I used to have a copy, but can't find it. There is another book, Console Wars, that is also amazing, I have it and can send it to you, if you want

18 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Man Hudson.. I use to love bomberman and Adventure Island. 

Right!

Bomberman never left my turbografix