MC Hardware Query

Plumbers Crack

A hardware telated query....I seem to be struggling a bit in game after I've teleported a few times or have been playing a while. Actions become "laggy" until it becomes unplayable or just freezes. A total restart of the game from the launcher cures it.

I've got a 4 Gb memory stick in the laptop, I've changed the memory value in the launcher to "2" and reduced the render distance to 10 (whatever that does!)

Would I see any significant improvement in game by swapping the memory stick to an 8Gb version? I couldn't sell it to Mrs P with the "it'll speed everything else up" argument as the only other thing the laptop is used for is word processing so I need to be sure before shelling out ~£60

Thanks guys

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Whats the rest of the spec?

I'm not sure how much stuff is stored locally - I know Bart said the server keeps both places loaded for a short time when you warp.  I imagine our PC's do something similar so it could be a RAM issue.  It's also possible it is a VRAM issue (graphics card memory) if it is trying to keep textures and the like loaded.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Whats the rest of the spec?

I'm not sure how much stuff is stored locally - I know Bart said the server keeps both places loaded for a short time when you warp.  I imagine our PC's do something similar so it could be a RAM issue.  It's also possible it is a VRAM issue (graphics card memory) if it is trying to keep textures and the like loaded.

Intel i5-3337U CPU @ 1.8 GHz

Intel HD4000 integrated graphics

4Gb RAM

64bit Windows 8.1

40 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Turn some of the graphics settings down. Don't use "fancy" settings. Turn off clouds, shadows, etc. That might help a bit. I've also heard turning the music off can help.

Via the FG App

Thanks Tommy, I'll try that as well

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

also turn render to 8

Render basically means what can you see, and how far can you see it.

If you can see something in a game, then it has to be loaded into memory

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

45 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Does this mean putting more RAM in won't help dramatically?

No

More memory always helps. Think of it like this

Ram is a table. Everytime you do something it gets put on the table. If the table gets cluttered, then the table starts dropping things off, or crashing. If you make the table bigger, then you can put more on it

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."