Let's raid!!!

Ryan Pedro

Thanks for the offer of help darth... we may take you up on it... last night we got past the bridge... woohooo... but the next part... wth its manic lol. we managed to get the 2 wizards out of the room and killed but failed every time on getting the one in middle room. we did impress ourselfs by getting throu the darkness first time, so goes to show the more you do it the more you learn. the bridge was kinda easy once we worked out what we needed to do. was fun again thou with many laughs and a lot of foul language but the beer was flowing... which i guess in the end didnt help...lmao

You need a a lot of fire power to take down the wicked with of the abyss. A couple of ghallajhorn would work fine but it's the Knights you have to watch out for. Up to the Deathsinger is kind of easy if you have a team that knows what they're doing.

With 4-6 people you have to split up into two groups. One group goes left and the other goes right. You have to reach the two Towers where boomers spawn during the crota stage. Once everyone is positioned one person from either side runs inside the rooms next to the deathsinger. As soon as you enter the rooms the wizard lleave the middle. Run back to the tower and snipe the wizards.

Once wizards are dead, you kill a few Knights with the swords and Acolytes. Thus makes running in the deathsinger room a little easier. Each team will run in on their side to the rooms next to the deathsinger and take out the shrieker. It's important to try to kill them at the same time so the glass windows disappear and you can hit the deathsinger with full fire power. There are a few areas in her room where you can jump on top of doors to stop the Knights from swatting at you. Of you have a Titan, blind grenades are great here. Blind the deathsinger and just unleash hell onto her. Once she's dead, everyone run back to the boomer towers and pick off the remaining enemies.

Sounds like a lot of work, but leading to the deathsinger is the easy part. Killing the deathsinger before her liturgy is the hard part. You need a lot of fire power to take her out. Not to mention that a lot of times you'll have most of your fireteam wipe and it just goes down to one or two people.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try and set up a raid Wednesday night. Hopefully around 9 pm. Either VoG on hard or Crota normal. Drop your name in if you are interested

I am interested, unless there are people that havne't been there before, in which case, take them over me

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I am interested, unless there are people that havne't been there before, in which case, take them over me

As far as VoG I'm sure everyone has been in it. I still haven't beat Crota. So I'm still a noob at it.

You need a a lot of fire power to take down the wicked with of the abyss. A couple of ghallajhorn would work fine but it's the Knights you have to watch out for. Up to the Deathsinger is kind of easy if you have a team that knows what they're doing.

With 4-6 people you have to split up into two groups. One group goes left and the other goes right. You have to reach the two Towers where boomers spawn during the crota stage. Once everyone is positioned one person from either side runs inside the rooms next to the deathsinger. As soon as you enter the rooms the wizard lleave the middle. Run back to the tower and snipe the wizards.

Once wizards are dead, you kill a few Knights with the swords and Acolytes. Thus makes running in the deathsinger room a little easier. Each team will run in on their side to the rooms next to the deathsinger and take out the shrieker. It's important to try to kill them at the same time so the glass windows disappear and you can hit the deathsinger with full fire power. There are a few areas in her room where you can jump on top of doors to stop the Knights from swatting at you. Of you have a Titan, blind grenades are great here. Blind the deathsinger and just unleash hell onto her. Once she's dead, everyone run back to the boomer towers and pick off the remaining enemies.

Sounds like a lot of work, but leading to the deathsinger is the easy part. Killing the deathsinger before her liturgy is the hard part. You need a lot of fire power to take her out. Not to mention that a lot of times you'll have most of your fireteam wipe and it just goes down to one or two people.

oh wow thanks for this Dark.. it will come in handy... im trying to upgrade my guns now, as for the ghallahorn am still not liking it but will upgrade and see how i go.....  am hoping the others are doing there guns also... sadly  we wont get a chance to try again till the weekend 

@mazz lol @ not liking ghallajhorn. That is the most coveted weapon in the game. You'll find out why once you have it leveled to the wolf pack rounds. Aim at the enemy, fire, worry no more. Forget about the aim part just point at the direction you want to disintegrate and fire.

It's required for crota. Two ghallajhorn and one random rocket will take crota down every time. Three ghallajhorn and no excuses as to why crota didn't kneel unless you run out of ammo.

I will try to jump on, but I am hanging out with the Mrs tonight for drinks and awesome food... Me Frank, Nev, Sensei, and a few cool extras did the whoie crota raid in lightning time... I even managed to get my last raid piece I need for my warlock!!! (chest) 3 32s!!! just to to level it up asap... also got a ton of shard, energies, etc... dropped another raid pulse rifle on the hard abyss, and got another black hammer on the crota kill... a helmet would have been pretty cool, but no worries... If anyone wants to knock this raid out again sometime this weekend I am down to do it at least twice more... :)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Well I'll be around tonight and then Sunday.

TBH if we do raids fine but I'm getting real meh whatever.. I certainly ain't wasting hours on them though.

with the right team, as it showed last night we trashed crota... absolutely trashed him...:) just ask supernev...

We had a good team other week, look how that went.

not like this one... :) j/k... but shooting rockets at the SAME TIME helps tremendously... also, if there are any bugs/glitchs, leave right away and come back, also making the sword bearer the host prevents a lot of issues... two on boomers, one sword, 3 on rockets... done and done... jelly is your friend... or the crota rocket launcher...

It's just the strategy.

What we did:

Level 32 sword bearer.

Four guys with rockets.

Kill only the boomers on the right. The left ones are optional.

When it starts, you clear out the room. Head either left or right and meet in the middle outside the glass.

Someone get the chalice

Sword guy lures sword bearer to the middle.

Take out the right boomers

Sword bearer drops

Wait for sword guy to get in position and to say go

He says go and we unless four rockets

As soon as he says go he waits a sec and jump toward crota

He gets three hits

Jumps back, as soon as he jumps back we released four rockets

Kill the boomers on the right

Sword guy gets another three hits and runs away

Rinse and repeat.

Seems easy in paper. But we only had one guy with maxed ice breaker

Three ghallajhorn

One truth

One sword bearer

Everyone should have time to clear the boomers, it takes two shots from a level 31 and one from a 32

Ogres come out, you go down the middle

It's just the strategy.

What we did:

Level 32 sword bearer.

Four guys with rockets.

Kill only the boomers on the right. The left ones are optional.

When it starts, you clear out the room. Head either left or right and meet in the middle outside the glass.

Someone get the chalice

Sword guy lures sword bearer to the middle.

Take out the right boomers

Sword bearer drops

Wait for sword guy to get in position and to say go

He says go and we unless four rockets

As soon as he says go he waits a sec and jump toward crota

He gets three hits

Jumps back, as soon as he jumps back we released four rockets

Kill the boomers on the right

Sword guy gets another three hits and runs away

Rinse and repeat.

Seems easy in paper. But we only had one guy with maxed ice breaker

Three ghallajhorn

One truth

One sword bearer

Everyone should have time to clear the boomers, it takes two shots from a level 31 and one from a 32

Ogres come out, you go down the middle

this,

and oh yeah, have ME on the team...:)

Well I'll be around tonight and then Sunday.

TBH if we do raids fine but I'm getting real meh whatever.. I certainly ain't wasting hours on them though.

Gary if you're a bit burnt out on raids I'd be up for just doing anything on crota, barely been on it so even learning the abyss and getting that drop would be good, but no problem if you aren't up for it. Looks like we will be struggling for a raid team together tonight anyway

Hey Bob I still have dailies and some weeklies to do if you need owt, my point is I used to make sure I did all the shit or hope to now if it happens fine if not fine.

If you want to team up and do anything I'm always game, even of I'm on something else I never mind swapping to hit stuff with others.