Site issues

I know this is concerning the SQL message but is anyone else experiencing bad luck with getting froze at the top of the screen on a mobile device? It's been happening for days but started out in 1 thread every so so often. Now it's every thread, every time.

When I switch to pc view and zoom in a bit it works but using the full site on a mobile is hard on the eyes.

Also makes it hard selecting links to click cause the screen keeps jumping around. If mo one else is going through this......bollix.

8mSoOel.png

maybe the banner is throwing off the format for tablets and mobiles; if its not formatted correctly.  Like it is conforming to the banner and everything else conforming to that instead of the whole site conforming to mobile together.  Hope that makes sense.

Keep calm and question nothing.

Having a problem where, when I want to quote someone I no longer see the  quote  /quote commands in square brakets (can't do it or it'll make a quote if you follow me) which making inter-thread quoting difficult for me. I am using IE8 at the moment and haven't had this trouble before. Can't trey it from the iPad but will do when I get home

It's taking the fun out of the "Out Of Context" thread ! :(

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Having a problem where, when I want to quote someone I no longer see the  quote  /quote commands in square brakets (can't do it or it'll make a quote if you follow me) which making inter-thread quoting difficult for me. I am using IE8 at the moment and haven't had this trouble before. Can't trey it from the iPad but will do when I get home

It's taking the fun out of the "Out Of Context" thread ! :(

There's your problem Eldave. Might I recommend Chrome?

8mSoOel.png

Got another problem now. When I reply to threads my reply box looks like this

screenshot_zps67c39f64.jpg

The font looks like the old Courier style, all the formating options are greyed out and unusable, but when I post it's like normal

I know I've probably clicked something but I just can't work out what!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Was just getting this message,

SQL Error

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

← Return to the index

This was in iphone, it's fixed now, just wondering what it means?

blackops2sig.jpg

Well the SQL issues seem to be resolved lately, *touches wood*, so let's hope they stay like that.

On a side note, I have been doing loads of research on how to optimize things, and I'll be rolling out some changes in the next week or so, so if you log on and the site's down, please note that this is for maintenance purposes only and will hopefully only be for a short while.

banlol.png

Yep. Basically Google has this publisher thing which analyzes your site and offers advice on how to improve things, for example the images on this site can be reduced in size but still look the same, some Javascript needs a few tweaks, things like that.

They're all minor things, and will take me an age given my coding abilities but you can expect the site to start running a bit smoother over the coming weeks.

banlol.png

Did you know, on iphone (full site) the side bars are absent and have been for a few weeks, not sure why I haven't mentioned it before...

It's bit a big deal at all tbh it's just they used to be there, now they are not...

blackops2sig.jpg