Second Assault (DLC)

Sennex

First impressions:

OMG

The snipers on the Walls

You can climb into the mini towers, its horrible

The Transmission tower, has an entire complex underneath. also a timer to blow the tower.

the tower takes FOREVER to climb

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Metro:

Its a shit storm, forget strategy

Caspian round 2:

Tops of buildings will be your bane

You can run through the tower, but the top of it, where the C Flag is, you have to jump allot or you get stuck

The building by C Flag has loads of weapons hidden in it

B is wide open now, almost zero cover

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

the colours seem totally different, people seem to blend in alot more than usual. but its still classic metro.

Caspian border looks really good. (secret tunnel lolz). it was one of my favourite maps before anyway. snipers on walls arent really an issue on 12v12 anyway. theres loads of cover at C, which is where everyone tends to fight over.

oman looks good, but i never played it in bf3. Firestorm is fun aswell. played on a really laggy connection and wasnt enjoying it at all so turned off the ps3, but will try again tonight

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Mods, can we edit the Thread Title to Second Assault? Or something similar?

Oman:

The sandstorm is a bitch, I wracked up two roadkills and I Didn't even know there was an enemy in my path

The falling construction tower blows. It can destroy vehicles

D flag is meh, cover is everywhere, so be prepared to swap it allot

The others are cake. Also its really easy to dominate with multiple vehicles. the map I played last night, we had two tanks and two LAV's goign with a smattering of jeeps and one Chopper. It was a brutal ass kicking for the other team.

Metro AKA "So you wanted to level LMG's?"

The little tweaks are driving me insane. All my old tricks and traps don't work, which is good, but OMG at least leave me one or two.

Caspian:
I played more of this map last night than I really wanted to. The Color shift is poor IMO. Dice finally figured out that Blue isn't the only color on the color wheel, so the jammed them all into this map.

One thing that helped me immensely yesterday was spotting people by their gun camo. There were a few guys with Winter/ snow colored weapons. They stand out like a Nun in a whorehouse. There were a few times along the wall over by B/ C flags that I would spot a white gun floating in the air.

Overall:

I think there is actually too much going on with these maps. Be prepared to have massive issues if you get caught in a grass fire, while something is blowing up. I honestly thing the levolution stuff has gone overboard. Maybe its not the case on the PS4/ PC but Not really sure

a left over from BF3 still works on caspian

the team that spawns closer to A, their Attack heli can get camped from the enemy spawn by a sniper. I got killed a few times spawning in to the Attack Heli and a sniper just getting head shots across the map.

Basically, line up on the Attack Heli pilot seat and just wait

The way to stop it is to jump in, and swap to gunner and then back to pilot real fast, that allows for instant take off.

Dice has been asked since BF3 to somehow block this LOS.

Last night and today I have had the most upside down matches ever in BF4 or 3. Not sure the deal but like just now I went 3:7 on TDM Metro

That never happens. I picked up an ass ton of assists, but I can't seem to kill anyone. 

Have you guys had similar issues? 

My kit hasn't changed, still an Assault with the SAR, same attachments everything

I think its me, but no idea. It just feels weird

Last night and today I have had the most upside down matches ever in BF4 or 3. Not sure the deal but like just now I went 3:7 on TDM Metro

That never happens. I picked up an ass ton of assists, but I can't seem to kill anyone.

Have you guys had similar issues?

My kit hasn't changed, still an Assault with the SAR, same attachments everything

I think its me, but no idea. It just feels weird

Same here. Switched to my "try hard" gun setup and nothing helped. So I just worked on the assignments

It's been happening to me since they released SA.

I even got the on target title (98 shots hit) in battlelog and ended up with 6 kills.  I was using the MTAR.

If I am on target 98 times how can I endup with only 6 kills? Lots of deaths with the opponents at 0 life again.

I think I'm going to take a brake from BF4 until it stabilizes again. Right now it's almost as bad a first day release

okay, glad its not just me

Well not glad, but you guys know what I mean

I wish I was decent enough to unlock the MTAR, but I just can't seem to get it done. Working on the F2000 now. Just need the assists

I might take a break though. I really need to finish Infamous and Black flag

For the MTAR I would suggest the following

Start with the support kit and equip the LMG and ammo kit

SPAM grenades and LMG fire. Do this on maps like Metro, gulin peak or operation locker. The ammo pack should resupply you grenades.

Get the grenade kills first. LMG should be easy to get a kill.

Once you have those. Get kill with the AR (have health packs to keep you alive).

The switch to sniper and camp somewhere to get the kill

I got mine on Gullin peak conquest. Stick around C and there is enough action there to get it, You can even camp for when the enemy uses that bomber. That bomber seems like sure death to me. Exit the bomber and boom you are dead.

the problem I have is that I suck with a sniper rifle

like I can never get a kill as I wait to long to line it up perfectly

Me too. I always seem to get a hit but not a kill which is why Locker, Gullin or Metro are good. Use the sniper rifle at close range without a scope. It should be enough to get a kill as long as you are upper body (using a riffle with 100 damage)

Are people having problems with just the SA servers or the game as a whole now? 

I've played a few games since the Second Assault release and haven't seen any problems on PC although I am unsure of how the SA servers are running as I don't have the content yet. 

Hate to say it, but I haven't tried the old maps since SA came out.

I will and post what happens

the problem I have is that I suck with a sniper rifle

like I can never get a kill as I wait to long to line it up perfectly

I did it while ranking the sniper, got that kill first then moved through lmg and assault rifle while spamming the mini nades on flags on dawn breaker domination.

Got the made kill just before the end.

OK to unlock the GOL the five kills from the tower on Firestorm or Caspian doesn't need to be from sniper kills. Its five kills from any gun. Its still a bitch to do. Failed twice needing one more sniper kill for the ribbon and then I needed some more kill from the tower.