BF4 PS4 patch incoming

J4MES OX4D

January 14 Battlefield 4 PlayStation 4 Patch Notes

• Various fixes for improving general stability

Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker

Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam

Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons

Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before

Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera

Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members

Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)

EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese

Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0

Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members

This is one of the fixes I've been waiting for more than. The amount of accidental team kills in Hardcore I've commited thanks to this has been embarrassing!

Got a question,in hardcore do teammates not have markers above them?

By Uber's post, I'd assume there's meant to be but it's bugged. To be fixed in this patch.

My only game in HC and I killed so many teammates. Not because of the issue but because team killing Stretch/TigerBurge was oh so funsies.

By Uber's post, I'd assume there's meant to be but it's bugged. To be fixed in this patch.

My only game in HC and I killed so many teammates. Not because of the issue but because team killing Stretch/TigerBurge was oh so funsies.

Yeah team mates do have markers over them, but typically (until now hopefully) you had to ADS at them first, by which some herbert on the other side has made the most of your hesitation and shot you!

Got a question,in hardcore do teammates not have markers above them?

Yea, you had to ADS on them, or just be able to spot the uniform.....

In COD I exclusively played Hardcore, on BF4, I just can't do it, the level of pain involved is epic

Do we know if the PS3 lockup bug is being addressed in this patch? Randomly the game just freezes on me, and I have to power cycle the whole system, wait for the error report and disk scan before playing more.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Ps3 does it as well, if you set it to auto update your games.

Mine is set to grab all game updates at like 3am every day

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sorry man, that sucks

Na my own fault, i never look at manuals or read anything.

I'm one of them "i know what i doing" sort of dudes and generally i do but there's always little things that i dont know that could be useful.

If you leave it on stand by it will download before you even turn it on, it only worked on PS3 if you had ps+

Oh cool, I didn't know that it was PS+ that was causing that

Looks like I need to buy another couple years then. I want to make sure I have that service for a while to come

January 14 Battlefield 4 PlayStation 4 Patch Notes

• Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker
  • Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
  • Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
  • Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
  • Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
  • Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
  • Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
  • EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
  • Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0
  • Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

All of these are still on ps3 unfortunately. the HMG ammo box is a pain, the lack of sound at the start of the game can be a pain too.

hopefully they will address the health issues on ps3 too, as you get "tit for tat" killing quite often, and the other player is on 1 health.

another bug ive found is when moving in vehicles and trying to bring up the scoreboard, it just flashes really fast like the graphics card is freaking out and you cant see whats going on

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

All of these are still on ps3 unfortunately. the HMG ammo box is a pain, the lack of sound at the start of the game can be a pain too.

hopefully they will address the health issues on ps3 too, as you get "tit for tat" killing quite often, and the other player is on 1 health.

another bug ive found is when moving in vehicles and trying to bring up the scoreboard, it just flashes really fast like the graphics card is freaking out and you cant see whats going on

Here's the PS3 patch notes released on the same day; 

• Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done 
  • Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0 
  • Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated 
  • Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before 
  • Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though he was just hurt) 
  • Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members 
  • Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera 
  • Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons 
  • Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to eachother. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile 
  • Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier 
  • Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch 
  • Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs 
  • China Rising: Fixed animation glitch for motorbike passengers ocuring when aiming 
  • Fix for first and third person soldier animations being out of sync while doing transition changes. This could potentially make the player get hit while in cover behind a wall or other obstacle

Another patch today this time for Battlelog

Announcements:

• We are currently investigating an issue with the in-game Battlelog not always loading on Playstation 4. Please try to close and re-open it a few times if you experience this, as this sometimes solves the issue. We will keep you posted.
  • We are currently investigating an issue with chat messages on Battlelog.com disappearing (they re-appear on a page refresh)

Features & Improvements:

• Selecting expansion packs in the Server Browser will now properly filter servers that contain content of the selected expansion pack(s)
  • Improved how the Chrome approval of the plugin is handled, so it doesn’t require a page refresh to be detected
  • In Loadout, the “Set active kit” buttons are no longer shown when viewing others’ soldiers
  • Added a “Apply to all” button for knives, grenades, vehicle/weapon paints, and pistols in Loadout
  • Many items in Loadout now properly display if they require Premium or certain expansion packs to acquire (support for all items coming soon)
  • Added the ability to hide images in Loadout
  • Various other minor tweaks to Loadout
  • Various minor improvements and tweaks

Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Suggestions, which could cause new Suggestions to randomly appear
  • More tweaks and fixes for Custom Region in the Server Browser filter
  • Fixed an issue with the Air Mail assignment, effectively replacing it with a new and fixed assignment in the backend
  • Fixed an issue where every in Battle Report comments were named “Player” and had the default avatar, when using pagination
  • Fixed an issue that caused date-based BF3 Premium content, such as videos and strategy guides, to disappear
  • Fixed an issue with Loadout, where the active slot wasn’t displayed properly when viewing others’ soldiers
  • Fixed an issue with Loadout, where the comparison stats bar didn’t update correctly when switching weapons
  • Fixed the issue where the paint for QBS-09 (and some other weapons) in Loadout would always reset to default
  • Fixed an issue where the details bar on Stats and Unlocks pages could collide with the footer
  • Various minor issues fixed