Battlefailed 4 Fix List

J4MES OX4D

Dunno how many on here play BF4 but here's a list of the known issues; 22 in total (holy jesus) and their current plan of action http://mp1st.com/2013/12/10/22-battlefield-4-bugs-fixed-according-dice/?utm_content=featured#.UqhURPRdXKc

There's been 3 patches in 72 hours in which haven't improved the game in my view but the ongoing problems mentioned in their list are still outstanding and are the main source of discontent. 

Hopefully it will be all ironed out come China Rising and the Second Insult DLC.

Holy shit balls! There's going to be some sleepless nights over at Dice!

I just don't get how developers can constantly get away with releasing a game that doesn't work, i know it's cuz we always buy them but fudge me this is bad!

I feel sorry for all you guys who went for BF4 over Ghosts, i didn't see this coming  :huh:

Holy shit balls! There's going to be some sleepless nights over at Dice!

I just don't get how developers can constantly get away with releasing a game that doesn't work, i know it's cuz we always buy them but fudge me this is bad!

I feel sorry for all you guys who went for BF4 over Ghosts, i didn't see this coming  :huh:

Ghosts is definitely my priority game over the next few months and I usually play Call of Duty over Battlefield but I've spent good money on BF4 and am disappointed that it still doesn't work properly 6 or so weeks in:-( Ghosts has had its problems just like any other COD game but it's nothing too serious and the developers always detect and rectify issues big or small quite early on which is really good.  I don't think DICE have had any game-breaking issues before so this is really a major culture-shock for them and it looks like they are struggling to fix even the most basic of problems!  They are under huge pressure now along with EA and it looks like they will be working around the clock next few days at best.

Nice too see the problems are now fully recognised but whether they can fix them is another story.  I'm just really happy Ghosts is looking good despite some early wobbles particularly on PC. It's not perfect but it wouldn't be Call of Duty if it was lol!

It's not perfect but it wouldn't be Call of Duty if it was lol!

:lol: Spot on mate!

I've been surprised with how well ghosts has played since it's released. I never, in a million years, did i think that BF4 would be the game with the major issues.

:lol: Spot on mate!

I've been surprised with how well ghosts has played since it's released. I never, in a million years, did i think that BF4 would be the game with the major issues.

Too right! BF4 is very ambitious but most issues are technical or just basic and not due to sheer gravity of the game.Battlefield 3 ran to a very high standard throughout so I am shocked at the vast nature of the problems.  I thought the COD transition with a new engine would cause heaps of woes but actually it runs superbly in most instances. PC has been iffy at times but fixes have been prompt and effective.  I think the COD setup in collating known problems and rectifying them is excellent, swift and perfectly implemented.  The franchise has definitely made huge strides since Black Ops 1 in sorting out niggles. DICE's problems along with EA has been a major kick in the teeth for both.  I blame EA more and most of their games are dreadful off the bat technically.  

I've muddled through as best I can playing on the PS3. Some days are good, others not so which can be a pain. When it runs right this game is great. I think the quickmatch option doesn't do people any favours when you get an influx of people from out of region joining the game.

In all honesty though, I think they should not really have released this game on what is the old gen consoles and simply stuck with PC, PS3 and Xbone. That way they could probably have nailed it. The problem is EA's out and out greed and their obsession with outdoing Activision offering with the release date.

I'm sure that DICE deep down are feeling a bit cheated in a way by being forced to release a game they weren't truly comfortable with! Hopefully the next few patches will calm things down and make this game as good as everyone had hoped for. In the meantime I am seriously considering a dive back into BF3. I may get Ghosts, but CoD had beaten the crap out of me over recent releases and my experience with MW3 was far from enjoyable which tainted my expectations of IW's ability to produce the goods.

Looks like Xbox One owners are getting refunds http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/xbox-one-battlefield-4-premium-members-getting-refunds

Where's my refund? I am a Premium user and it's not even letting me use the China Rising DLC which I got with the game let alone the actual Premium features! 

Oh wait; I am on PC and EA are only keeping the exclusive Xbox owners sweet it seems. Period.

The game runs primarily fine for me. However, it does have its moments. I need to swap servers now and then as it gets progressively worse the longer I stay on a server. I usually manage three games then swap over. Also, crashes. Holy mother of God those crashes are irritating. 

There are still issues but I still enjoy the game when I play it. 

Having said that, this game is fucked at a very low level. Imagine building a house from scratch. Foundations, walls, windows, doors, roof, etc etc. Now imagine moving in to that house and finding out that the foundation's cracked and it's spreading up the walls. The best course of action is to rip the house down and redo the foundations, which is costly, time consuming and you won't have a place to live whilst it's being carried out. 

Of course you could pour some concrete into the cracks and hope it helps, and that's what DICE is doing. 

Good luck to 'em. 

banlol.png

when it works its a nice game, but seems to be trying to draw new players in from Cod. in the process, a rushed release, a poor quaility port back to old gen, and loads of problems with a new engine.

dunno how hard it would have been to just release all the new maps, upgrades, vehicles etc on frostbite 2 for the old consoles...

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

The game runs primarily fine for me. However, it does have its moments. I need to swap servers now and then as it gets progressively worse the longer I stay on a server. I usually manage three games then swap over. Also, crashes. Holy mother of God those crashes are irritating. 

There are still issues but I still enjoy the game when I play it. 

Having said that, this game is fucked at a very low level. Imagine building a house from scratch. Foundations, walls, windows, doors, roof, etc etc. Now imagine moving in to that house and finding out that the foundation's cracked and it's spreading up the walls. The best course of action is to rip the house down and redo the foundations, which is costly, time consuming and you won't have a place to live whilst it's being carried out. 

Of course you could pour some concrete into the cracks and hope it helps, and that's what DICE is doing. 

Good luck to 'em. ;

I really hope they can sort it soon as I am eager to enjoy this like I did with BF3. I can't wait to play Second Assault DLC now as it looks like they've made a real effort with the maps as opposed to a rehash.  The most annoying thing aside from the technical issues has been the fact I am not recognised as a Premium Member with the China Rising DLC. 

I've had a few better games over the last couple of days but still the odd problem but at least they have recognised the main issues and are in the process of fixing them.  Just hope everything is rectified before the new year else I may just focus on Ghosts.  Ah we'll see

yeah its still pretty broken

spawns are still fucking awful. even in TDM spawning into the sights of someone 3 times in a row is a fucking joke.

Lag/hit detection/what you see on your screen matching what the game sees, whatever you want to call it, its still broken as well.im playing on a 40-50ms ping and for once, i spawn in behind someone who is running away from me. i put half the clip into his back , first 10 rounds no hit markers, he turns around and kills me.turned it off after that. seriously bad .

to be honest, i cant be fucked much with online gaming at the moment.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

yeah its still pretty broken

spawns are still fucking awful. even in TDM spawning into the sights of someone 3 times in a row is a fucking joke.

Lag/hit detection/what you see on your screen matching what the game sees, whatever you want to call it, its still broken as well.im playing on a 40-50ms ping and for once, i spawn in behind someone who is running away from me. i put half the clip into his back , first 10 rounds no hit markers, he turns around and kills me.turned it off after that. seriously bad .

to be honest, i cant be fucked much with online gaming at the moment.

Just played a couple of TDM games and it was horrific! The other team just spawn sniped us the whole game. It's not often I have to crawl out of the spawn lol!  Is it just one fixed spawn you have in TDM?

The OHK issue is still bad for me; I drill half a clip and get killed by one bullet.  There is an issue where 1 bullet can count twice in damage terms which needs to be fixed urgently.  The general bullet detection is horrible.

I had one good game earlier on the Golmud Railway.  It was only 1 game but it's a start at least!  Everything felt much smoother and the bullets actually hit for a change. Hope this isn't a one-off as it felt the game was finally playable to a good standard.

The next match was Conquest on Operation Locker. F*ck that; I don't care how good the game ran on that server; I will not play that mode on that map even if I had OHK the whole game!

nope. " resiging in commander mode will remove you from the server"...ri-fuckin-diculous.

i had my best game tonight, rush attacking on paracel storm. 38-19 , 7000+ score. we lose at the last MCOM. spent loads of the game waiting for ammo and having to use my pistol. finally started getting some support players, then nobody would be a medic (except me). started on a 13 killstreak so not a bad game. it started to lag like fuck towards the end though.

oh, and here is another thing :

7W0J9S2tUnL6KO3t47E3oz1u4Ozq81SfeYJhuRdG

grabbed a shot with my phone cam cos i didnt believe it. someone running around with only their gun and name tag visible.....

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

okay game to start off tonight, only to spawn into a knife animation. yes, i spawed into someone taking my dog tag. how the fuck is that even possible, unless the game is spawning my character into the map before i can see

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: