I played a bit of this on the PS3 a while back, never really got into it because all the twats I play with were all on COD. Now on PC, I've been playing a bit with Levi and Squiggs, and it's fantastic fun. There are still pepole that play like little bitches with their SMAWs and camping, but at least it's good fun enough to tie me over to BF4.

Having said that, last time I spent some proper hours playing an FPS on PC was UT2004, that's about 6 years ago. It's going to take some getting used to the mouse and keyboard again, playing anything other than an FPS I can do reasonable well, but my reaction time sare still a bit on the low side and I always over or undershoot when aiming.

Practice makes perfect I suppose, and this is excellent training for the next bunch of games.

Great fun.

banlol.png

Hate it.

I tried giving this game a 2nd chance, here were my matches in chronological order:

idiot team refused to plant bombs, stomped by 7 100-colonels, base-raped by 2 choppers and a jet, kicked-out while winning, kicked-out while winning, game froze.

And now Im here.

Safe to say Im returning it tomorrow for sure.

My only regret is not reaching the higher level guns, but constantly being outgunned by stronger weapons that shoot faster with less recoil can get frustrating.

I just dont have the patience to ride out the newbie curve.

DM9ON.png

That's the only issue with BF3 at this stage of the game. The weapon unlocks. The fact that people can also pay to unlock a lot of shiz is a bit unfair.

I just play BF3 like I would a stealthy campaign mode. I sneak into the bases and hide behind skips and shit. If the flag cap counter stops, I sneak a bit and try take the intruding enemy out. TDM is also great for n00bs. 

8mSoOel.png

I understand your frustration with the team mis-matches, but that was always going to be an issue coming into the game nearly 2 years from release. As for what you're saying about weapons, I actually think you're wrong when it comes to Support and Assault classes, although faction specific for you at the moment. The M16 is possibly one of the best AR's in the game and the M27 is by far and away the best LMG imo.

I normally just stick with TDM to avoid the stupid teammate frustration. Prime example, the other day lost a 600 pt Conquest match by 450. Four hundred and fifty. Out of six hundred. I scored 10k + points, good enough for game MVP. Yeah, not cool. TDM though, for some reason losing doesn't bother me nearly as much.

I've been playing on the PC and the PS3. I started on the PC about a week ago and I'm level 6 I believe. I"m a level 44 on the PS3.

Being a lower level is a completely different experience because your kit will be crap. Getting use to the keyboard + mouse is also a challenge. I've been playing assault and now that I have the M416 it's a bit better since that gun is pretty darn good. I tend to play Conquest, Conquest DOM and TDM.

Mark is right about the M27 and M16, however that means you have to play the american faction which you probably won't 50% of the time. 

If you want to level well and get to decent guns, play TDM or conquest DOM and use the shotguns which you should have almost immediately and you can use with any kit. Then get to the UMP which is pretty fantastic and you can use with any kit. Play assault or support and spam your medic kit or ammo to get points to level up. I find that ammo gets you more points because even the best of teams will need ammo. 

There are a lot of people just screwing around also because they know BF4 is coming and maxed out BF3.

So don't get discouraged with the game if you are just starting now.

I know I'll be getting BF4 over COD. I just don't know for which platform yet. I Find BF3 a hell of a lot more fun the COD at the moment. Perhaps it's servers or having the different abilities but at least the game plays well for me. I can live with my own inabilities but constantly getting screwed over by lag just drives me nuts.