My training progress

Dylanimo

Hi, my name's Dylan so far iv learned how to make a bukkit sever how the plugins work, making groups in the config, setting up a new server with forge and bukkit combined, how to install mods for the server, how to use world edit without fucking up my world and even done some error trapping not planed but it came up so i did it just  awaiting more instructions now i will keep you all up to date when i learn something new.

That's really all there is to it man.

all you do now is to keep it running, change things, add in more, take away others, etc...

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Its not going to happen to much anymore, but I wasn't sure if you had dealt with it at all, or would want to learn how to fix it

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I will write up some examples of issues I had with Thaumcraft 4, Biomes o'Plenty, and Underground Biomes.

It won't be comprehensive, but I will touch the main points to get you started here soon. Its not hard to do, but it is insanely nerve wracking

Okay, so this will take me a few to finish, but here we go

So in every version of MC pre-1.7.2, Items had an ID code.

(found here http://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/ )

Typically everyone who wrote mods reserved 0-256 for Mojangg ID's

Forge and FTB/ Tekkit reservered 0-2000, but quite a few authors dipped down into the 1500 range.

Here is a quick forge list

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,638.0.html?PHPSESSID=6W8fH4rWrh2QnXNPyRgcS2

So, a fella over on the Forge Forums wrote this huge really rambling guide

I edited out a ton of really useless info from this guide to better show how I handle ID conflicts, and rewrote some of it for you here

Resolving ID Block Conflicts for Dummies
A reference guide for the rest of us

* In the /.minecraft/config folder, you'll find a bunch of files that end in .cfg. These are written in a form of code, and may be confusing for the first-time user, but what we have to do is very limited and easy to find.

-Also, a word of warning: In your config folder, there's going to be a bunch of files named 'mod_xxx.cfg'. Ignore these. They are needed, but they are not what you need. So you will want to edit, for example, IC2.cfg, but not mod_IC2.cfg. You should also leave alone anything ending in .cfg~ since they are also not what you want.-

* You'll need to look for the section where the mod author put his block ID's. Usually, this is very easy to find. If it isn't immediately visible, do a search for 'block {', and you'll find it.

* You'll then see a list of things that look like xxx = ### where xxx is the name of the blockID and ### is the ID Number.

* Start off with the very first one. Change the ### to x00 where x is the number you assigned them (for example, if the mod was assigned the number 4, you change it to 400. If you assigned it as 10, then it would be changed to 1000).

* All we are going to do is change these numbers within the block id category, going in numerical order (so 400, 401, 402...) until you have assigned all of the block ID's.

* Save it and exit.

* Rinse, wash, and repeat with your other mods.

-A word of warning about Redpower's .cfg. Some users may be a bit confused, because Elloram uses a bit more compact code which is a bit less clear about where the end of the block ID's are, simply using nested {} signs to indicate where it ends. It ends when you find a } which is right up on the left margin of the page, with no spaces. Usually, the only thing above it is a } which is indented to the right. Other mods may do something similar. But, by the restrictions of the code, it has to start with 'Block {' and has to end in a line that just has '}'.-

* Don't forget that Buildcraft puts its .cfg file in the Buildcraft folder in .minecraft and Redpower likewise puts the .cfg file in its own folder as well. Other mods may also do this, so if you see a folder in your .minecraft folder with a name of a mod, odds are you'll need to check it out.

Once you are sure that all of your .cfg files have been edited, and that there's no possible way that any ID blocks are on the same number... run your instance again. It should run just fine.

Once you feel comfortable editing ID block numbers, you may go back, if you wish, and 'compact' them a bit further. Just remember to keep some gaps in case the mods come out with new versions that have new and shinier toys that have ID Blocks.

Congratulations, the last hurdle which stops 90% of the people interested in mods from using them has been covered! Have fun enjoying mods!

I did. 

When Dylan started posting on our forums, his posts looked like someone lobbed a can of alphaghetti spaghetti at the screen and it took 20 minutes to decipher them. I told him to put that in front of every post as it'll force him to concentrate a bit more and slow down a bit.

Being the legend he is, he obliged, and now not only is he more understandable, but it's become his trademark and he's sort of the FG mascot too. 

See if you can spot him in this photo:

IMG_0803_zpsda1f44e1.jpg

He's basically Hammy the Hamster from Over The Hedge.

banlol.png

Seriously though.

Dylan, Set up an MCPC server with MCMMO, and Biomes o'Plenty in it. One is Bukkit, and one is forge.

Play around on the seerver in Survival mode, specifically mine up a bunch of Cobble stone, and excavate some dirt.

You will level up in MCMMO, but then look for the Blocks that Biomes O Plenty adds in. Go and do the same thing, you won't level up.

So now the challenge comes in.

How do you add in the Blocks from Biomes O Plenty so that MCMMO recognizes them and lets you skill up.

This is one of the harder issues to solve in Minecraft modding.