Mike's PC

Diddums

I'm off to bed in a few minutes, I'll take a look tomorrow.

Alrighty, when I get around to it, I'll send you what you asked for! :) I usually only use the DVD drive if i'm installing something. So i'm not too arsed around it right now.

Glad you're enjoying it Mike, Dave couldn't have this for a nicer and more deserving person.

Thanks man! :D

Great to hear you finally have it! I really hope you enjoy it, and well done to diddums and all the contributors who made it happen...

I'm enjoying it thoroughly! Thanks.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Hello everyone here at forevergaming! It's an honor to now be a member of such a great community. What you guys all did for Capn_Underpants is a wonderful thing. There needs to be more communities like you guys.

@Capn, I just realized the major mistake I've made and why your disk drive isn't working.. and I feel like a complete and total moron. The drive that came through NewEgg is still in it's box at my workstation. I put in an old drive that was laying on the desk.. a complete amateur mistake on my part. I was under a lot of stress due to my own computer having troubles, and it's an unforgivable mistake. As soon as I have the funds to ship out the right drive, it will be sent out to Capn. My sincerest apologies for this huge screw up.. I hope I can be forgiven. I was sure that I had everything correct, I even double checked everything before I shipped it out. One thing I'm confused about is why it's not working at all, since I had to use the software disk that came with it to install drivers, and it worked for me then, but I may have unplugged it when I was installing other things. Capn, you have my email, which is the best way to contact me, feel free to send me an email if you need anything..

Other than the problem with the drive, how is everything running? Have you tried gaming on it at all yet?

Hello everyone here at forevergaming! It's an honor to now be a member of such a great community. What you guys all did for Capn_Underpants is a wonderful thing. There needs to be more communities like you guys.

@Capn, I just realized the major mistake I've made and why your disk drive isn't working.. and I feel like a complete and total moron. The drive that came through NewEgg is still in it's box at my workstation. I put in an old drive that was laying on the desk.. a complete amateur mistake on my part. I was under a lot of stress due to my own computer having troubles, and it's an unforgivable mistake. As soon as I have the funds to ship out the right drive, it will be sent out to Capn. My sincerest apologies for this huge screw up.. I hope I can be forgiven. I was sure that I had everything correct, I even double checked everything before I shipped it out. One thing I'm confused about is why it's not working at all, since I had to use the software disk that came with it to install drivers, and it worked for me then, but I may have unplugged it when I was installing other things. Capn, you have my email, which is the best way to contact me, feel free to send me an email if you need anything..

Other than the problem with the drive, how is everything running? Have you tried gaming on it at all yet?

Hello!

It's ok, I'm already thankful for all that you've done for me thus far. What will be the difference between the drive that's in my computer now and the one that you have on your desk? I'll check to see if everything is plugged in tomorrow. As long as this one works, it's all good to me!

I stopped downloading games and tried some today. A lot of the games are really laggy, but I think that's because i'm using my TV right now. The only game that wasn't laggy was Dead Island and it was pretty fun. It's just a pain playing on my knee right now! haha

Hello!

It's ok, I'm already thankful for all that you've done for me thus far. What will be the difference between the drive that's in my computer now and the one that you have on your desk? I'll check to see if everything is plugged in tomorrow. As long as this one works, it's all good to me!

I stopped downloading games and tried some today. A lot of the games are really laggy, but I think that's because i'm using my TV right now. The only game that wasn't laggy was Dead Island and it was pretty fun. It's just a pain playing on my knee right now! haha

The one in the computer right now is the old style of disk drive, which isn't much difference, other than the fact that the one in it may be somewhat faulty, being an old piece of hardware.

It would be laggy if you're plugged into the single slot on the motherboard, which would be a VGA port, rather than the DVI port, which there should be an adapter in one of the bags I sent with it, the one with the manuals and whatnot. The port you should be plugged into is a white port, rather than a blue port (which you may already be connected that way, I can't recall if there was an onboard VGA port..).

Even if it does work, it still makes a difference to me, I feel like I've stolen from you guys.. It just feels wrong to have something that does not belong to me. Whether you're plugged into a monitor or a TV should not make a difference, all it is is an input output device, which would have no bearing on your game performance, other than something simple like the refresh rate, but I've gamed on TV's and monitors and they provide the same basic function, to display your video. Some may have a higher refresh rate, but the average person would never notice the difference.

Just make sure you're plugged into the graphics card (two white ports on top of each other with a plastic cap over them) and use the bottom port with the DVI to VGA adapter that came in the packaging. (god I hope I didn't forget to send that either..).

Let me know if you have any other problems and I'll be glad to try and resolve them.

BAHAHAHAHA

Pwn you crack me up man, after all the time and effort you gave to us, to be so worried about a disc drive is silly! Don't sweat it dude, I'll send you some cash tomorrow to mail it, and I'll chuck in another bottle of vodka so you can drown your totally unjustified sorrows :D

As for the lag, if Mike's using the on-board GPU rather than the super epic GTX 660 I'm going to laugh my ass off. That's like having a ferrari and driving it on the starter motor. I just hope that's what it is. Otherwise it's probably drivers or something else silly. 

Stop sweating it dude, Mike's still relatively new to the whole PC gaming scene so things that might be standard knowledge for you and me are still new territories for him. 

Don't worry Mike, we'll get your sorted in no time!

banlol.png

BAHAHAHAHA

Pwn you crack me up man, after all the time and effort you gave to us, to be so worried about a disc drive is silly! Don't sweat it dude, I'll send you some cash tomorrow to mail it, and I'll chuck in another bottle of vodka so you can drown your totally unjustified sorrows :D

As for the lag, if Mike's using the on-board GPU rather than the super epic GTX 660 I'm going to laugh my ass off. That's like having a ferrari and driving it on the starter motor. I just hope that's what it is. Otherwise it's probably drivers or something else silly. 

Stop sweating it dude, Mike's still relatively new to the whole PC gaming scene so things that might be standard knowledge for you and me are still new territories for him. 

Don't worry Mike, we'll get your sorted in no time!

:S

It's just such a stupid mistake and it shouldn't have happened. I feel like such a moron. I may be being a bit overly dramatic though, but that's mostly because I'm depressed, can't find a job, and my bills are past due. :/

My next concern, will he be able to connect the new drive? Heh. I just feel stupid..

On the bright side, I'm going to be getting my graphics card back from the manufacturer, I'm not sure what was wrong with it but they fixed it already after having it for a single day. Not much good it does me though since my internet is about to get shut off lol. Ahh I need to just get a friggin job. It sucks being jobless and broke.

The one in the computer right now is the old style of disk drive, which isn't much difference, other than the fact that the one in it may be somewhat faulty, being an old piece of hardware.

It would be laggy if you're plugged into the single slot on the motherboard, which would be a VGA port, rather than the DVI port, which there should be an adapter in one of the bags I sent with it, the one with the manuals and whatnot. The port you should be plugged into is a white port, rather than a blue port (which you may already be connected that way, I can't recall if there was an onboard VGA port..).

Even if it does work, it still makes a difference to me, I feel like I've stolen from you guys.. It just feels wrong to have something that does not belong to me. Whether you're plugged into a monitor or a TV should not make a difference, all it is is an input output device, which would have no bearing on your game performance, other than something simple like the refresh rate, but I've gamed on TV's and monitors and they provide the same basic function, to display your video. Some may have a higher refresh rate, but the average person would never notice the difference.

Just make sure you're plugged into the graphics card (two white ports on top of each other with a plastic cap over them) and use the bottom port with the DVI to VGA adapter that came in the packaging. (god I hope I didn't forget to send that either..).

Let me know if you have any other problems and I'll be glad to try and resolve them.

My monitor is hooked to my TV with an HDMI cable. I have the adapter, but I don't have a cord for these things.

:S

It's just such a stupid mistake and it shouldn't have happened. I feel like such a moron. I may be being a bit overly dramatic though, but that's mostly because I'm depressed, can't find a job, and my bills are past due. :/

My next concern, will he be able to connect the new drive? Heh. I just feel stupid..

On the bright side, I'm going to be getting my graphics card back from the manufacturer, I'm not sure what was wrong with it but they fixed it already after having it for a single day. Not much good it does me though since my internet is about to get shut off lol. Ahh I need to just get a friggin job. It sucks being jobless and broke.

Push it out, pop new one in, connect the cords. Got it! hahaha

Display Support:

4 displaysMulti Monitor

2560x1600Maximum Digital Resolution

2048x1536Maximum VGA Resolution

YesHDCP

YesHDMI 1.42

One Dual Link DVI-I, One Dual Link DVI-D, One HDMI, One DisplayPortStandard Display Connectors

InternalAudio Input for HDMI

DP 1.2Display Port Support

Yes7.1 Channel HD audio on HDMI

YesTrue HD and DTS-HD Audio Bitstreaming

YesPCI Express 3.0 support

banlol.png

Display Support:
4 displaysMulti Monitor

2560x1600Maximum Digital Resolution

2048x1536Maximum VGA Resolution

YesHDCP

YesHDMI 1.42

One Dual Link DVI-I, One Dual Link DVI-D, One HDMI, One DisplayPortStandard Display Connectors

InternalAudio Input for HDMI

DP 1.2Display Port Support

Yes7.1 Channel HD audio on HDMI

YesTrue HD and DTS-HD Audio Bitstreaming

YesPCI Express 3.0 support

Oh, I must have missed that then. I just remember seeing two DVI ports, and being in a rage cause I didn't have a DVI cord, and had to use the DVI to VGA adapter. lol.

Well even if he is connected via HDMI, I see no reason for him to be lagging. I installed World of Tanks on the computer and tested it out to see if it lagged at all, and it ran a steady 60 fps. I made sure the graphics drivers were up to date from the website and everything.. Puzzling..

So is the HDMI causing my lag?

I opened the computer up and the ribbon was not attached to the motherboard at all. There is this rope thing next to the ribbon on the drive (to the right) that's plugged into the CX500 and there is this black cord plugged into the power supply I believe, (the thing under the geforce) and it's hanging by the drive but not plugged in. Is that where it's supposed to go?

Sent from my DROID4

So is the HDMI causing my lag? I opened the computer up and the ribbon was not attached to the motherboard at all. There is this rope thing next to the ribbon on the drive (to the right) that's plugged into the CX500 and there is this black cord plugged into the power supply I believe, (the thing under the geforce) and it's hanging by the drive but not plugged in. Is that where it's supposed to go? Sent from my DROID4

If you could post a picture that would be very helpful. :X

The HDMI should not be causing any lag since you're plugged into the graphics card still.. I'm trying to think about what could be causing the lag. Is it in multiplayer games only or is it single player too?

Does it feel like connection lag or actual choppy game lag at all times? Could be network interference since you're using a USB network adapter.. Or maybe you're too far away from the router and are getting a bad connection.

The black cable in the picture is a SATA cable, which WOULD go to the disk drive that was supposed to be installed..

Could you take a picture of the whole computer inside, showing where the wide gray cable comes off the disk drive and to the motherboard?

I'm just confused as to how I even plugged in the SATA cable to the motherboard without having attached it to anything or questioning where it was supposed to go..

And where the hard drive SATA cable is attached on the motherboard, I'm just baffled at how much stupidity went on when I was building it..

I sent you guys an email.

If you could post a picture that would be very helpful. :X

The HDMI should not be causing any lag since you're plugged into the graphics card still.. I'm trying to think about what could be causing the lag. Is it in multiplayer games only or is it single player too?

Does it feel like connection lag or actual choppy game lag at all times? Could be network interference since you're using a USB network adapter.. Or maybe you're too far away from the router and are getting a bad connection.

I haven't played anything multiplayer yet except LoL. On LoL, it looks like i'm teleporting everywhere. But even single player, I tried Metro and it was the same way. BFBC2 wouldn't even really play it kept freezing in the start of the campaign. My Sims wouldn't load either. Only steam has really worked. Dead Island worked just fine and one other game.

I sent you guys an email.

I haven't played anything multiplayer yet except LoL. On LoL, it looks like i'm teleporting everywhere. But even single player, I tried Metro and it was the same way. BFBC2 wouldn't even really play it kept freezing in the start of the campaign. My Sims wouldn't load either. Only steam has really worked. Dead Island worked just fine and one other game.

I got the email, could you send some more pictures of the whole inside of the computer so I can think over what it looked like and what I connected where?

It would be very helpful and highly appreciated.

The black cable in the picture is a SATA cable, which WOULD go to the disk drive that was supposed to be installed..

Could you take a picture of the whole computer inside, showing where the wide gray cable comes off the disk drive and to the motherboard?

I'm just confused as to how I even plugged in the SATA cable to the motherboard without having attached it to anything or questioning where it was supposed to go..

And where the hard drive SATA cable is attached on the motherboard, I'm just baffled at how much stupidity went on when I was building it..

Ok, so don't worry about that cable right?

I plugged the ribbon cable into the motherboard so you'll see that it's plugged in now. Give me a minute.

Ok, so don't worry about that cable right?

I plugged the ribbon cable into the motherboard so you'll see that it's plugged in now. Give me a minute.

The disk drive may work now, lol. It probably came loose in shipping, they have a reputation of not being the tightest cables.

This is a very severe "gpu no worky" issue. You should max all those games out at a bazillion FPS. Especially lol.

He may need to re-seat it, UPS tends to lack in the "Be careful" department. It is possible that it's not fully seated in the PCIE slot.

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This sucks lol. I feel like the world is crashing around me.