Mike's PC

Diddums

Ok. So I Restarted with the nvidia, games work. Shut down, turned it back on. Screen went black when I signed in and saw my icons and all. That's where I'm at and nothings popping up now. I really just think it's this TV. And it really stresses me out.

Sent from my DROID4

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Ok, this is an OS issue then. 

It's a common thing with Nvidia cards apparently. 

I'll look in to this, we'll get ya sorted in no time. 

Did you get any discs or anything with your PC?

banlol.png

Yeah, I think he's talking about completely wiping it clean and re-installing Windows.  So, yeah, you'll have to re-install your games.  :(  Sorry man.  There may be a way to save game saves though, I think those are files you can put on a cd or usb drive.  Not sure though.  

Sorry that you've had to deal with this man.  It won't always be like this.  Once things are running right, they'll be fine.  I had a few hiccups, but I haven't had any problems since then.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

You sure he isn't booting up in safe mode all the time? That would default to the basic VGA driver. How are you turning off the computer mike? Does a screen come up and say windows is shutting down? This seems highly unusual to me.

I shut down from the start menu. And yes, Windows says it's shutting down.

Sent from my DROID4

If it was running in safe mode, he'd know. The internet wouldn't work, the resolution would be 800x600 and there would be little signs in each corner of the screen saying safe mode. 

Mike - I know it's disheartening dude, but as Tommy says, it's a one off thing, once your PC is up and running properly, it'll be fine. The worst part of all this is that I could've sorted it in a couple of hours had I been sitting there, but it's a bit of a walk lol. 

Let me know when you've got some time in the next few days, if you've got skype or teamspeak that'll help things move faster too. 

banlol.png

So last night I pulled my TV out and switched my cable box to component cables. So now I can have my PC hooked up all the time, which will make it much easier for me to just turn on when I have free time. So I plan on doing that thing that Pat said to do in my PPR before I start restoring and all (which I really don't wanna do :( )

I know Matt said he needs help with shipping that monitor I just wanted to know if you can figure out the shipping, i'll see if I can gather some money. Because it's a hassle to use this thing on my knee.

What do we reckon, anyone wanting to chip in for the postage of the monitor?

Paypal a quid or two to: Davidknibbe23@gmail.com and I'll do the rest.

I think there's a format headed your way Mike, but it's much easier than you'd think. We need to get the monitor sorted first so you can sit comfortably and take it from there.

You need this fixxored ASAP, it's been way too long now and I need some more BF4 mates to roll with. One person sucking alone at a game is a loser. A whole sqad sucking together is a bunch of clowns having fun.

banlol.png

What do we reckon, anyone wanting to chip in for the postage of the monitor?

Paypal a quid or two to: Davidknibbe23@gmail.com and I'll do the rest.

I think there's a format headed your way Mike, but it's much easier than you'd think. We need to get the monitor sorted first so you can sit comfortably and take it from there.

You need this fixxored ASAP, it's been way too long now and I need some more BF4 mates to roll with. One person sucking alone at a game is a loser. A whole sqad sucking together is a bunch of clowns having fun.

What's this format!? :o I definitely need to switch over to my desk, being comfortable would be nice haha

And I would like to try that BF4 beta so I can laugh at the PS3 version.

And something should be going down this month (said in my PPR) so I'd like to get some stuffs done before that important stuff goes down.

What's "D-sub?"  I noticed it has a DVI hookup, but not an HDMI.  That seems odd. I thought HDMI was standard.  

Other than that... it looks solid man.  I don't think it has built in speakers, right?  Do you have external speakers, or a headset to use w/ it? 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Tommy D-sub is a type of port/connector. Usually monitors have at least two ways of hooking them up, usually something like DVI, and D-sub or something like that. Which is good because if you want to run dual monitors like I do them you need to have two ports so you can jump connect from one monitor to the 2nd one.

What's "D-sub?"  I noticed it has a DVI hookup, but not an HDMI.  That seems odd. I thought HDMI was standard.  

Other than that... it looks solid man.  I don't think it has built in speakers, right?  Do you have external speakers, or a headset to use w/ it? 

I don't need an HDMI really. I have earbuds that I can use.

I just tired of having it sit around in my room and not being able to use it. I was originally gonna buy a more comfortable chair since my current chair kills my back so much, but spent my money on this instead.