PC Game Deals/Giveaways

J4MES OX4D

I think I remember 'Cirathorn' adding Blades of Time to your wish list. Bundlestars has the Limited Edition in The Outer Limits Bundle for $3.49. It's a pretty cool game until you get to the rewinding time part and don't know what the fuck you're doing :lol: but it's $29.99 just for the game and DLC on Steam.

I don't remember adding that, but i will check it out.

Trying to get this damn wired ps3 controller to work on my PC is kicking my ass, so I am focusing on strategy games for now

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Trying to get this damn wired ps3 controller to work on my PC is kicking my ass, so I am focusing on strategy games for now

Probably a stupid question, but why not just use an xbox controller?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Probably a stupid question, but why not just use an xbox controller?

I'm still using my wired 360 pad from 2007 on PC and it's still going strong - just plug in and play. All controller supported games work flawlessly with it. I'm tempted to see what the XB1 controller is like to so I may take a punt on that. Screw getting the Xbox One itself though B)

I'm still using my wired 360 pad from 2007 on PC and it's still going strong - just plug in and play. All controller supported games work flawlessly with it. I'm tempted to see what the XB1 controller is like to so I may take a punt on that. Screw getting the Xbox One itself though B)

Apologies for going off topic, I'll stop after this. :)

My wireless xbox controller is a must for driving and flying activities but I try to use KB & M for pretty much everything else.

As for xbox 1, my plan is this. My phone contract is up for renewal in November. I'll exchange my old phone at CEX for an xbox 1.

That's how I got my original xbox360 (went through 3 of the bastards).

I'd like to get the machine as some of my (misguided) work mates play COD on it exclusively but I don't want shell out any actual money for it. :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Apologies for going off topic, I'll stop after this. :)

My wireless xbox controller is a must for driving and flying activities but I try to use KB & M for pretty much everything else.

As for xbox 1, my plan is this. My phone contract is up for renewal in November. I'll exchange my old phone at CEX for an xbox 1.

That's how I got my original xbox360 (went through 3 of the bastards).

I'd like to get the machine as some of my (misguided) work mates play COD on it exclusively but I don't want shell out any actual money for it. :lol:

Snap! I went through 3 360's too! I'm actually tempted to get the One but I am kinda holding out until they release a Slim version. The 360 slim was excellent especially compared to the shitty core iteration I had in the first place - it was noisy, the power brick was the size of my foot and it didn't even have a HDMI cable slot :o Also it didn't have built in wireless and you had to buy a fucking remote just to watch DVD's :angry: The Slim really fixed all of that shit. 

I only use the 360 pad for COD AW and any sports titles but it works as well as it would on console. KB+M for most games cannot be beaten though! 

:angry:

The Slim really fixed all of that shit. 

Yeah man, my slim black 360 is still going strong. I think the slim PS2 I think still works too.

Meanwhile I'm hoping Elite:Dangerous goes on sale* at some point.

*phil heroically goes back on topic

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

:angry:

Yeah man, my slim black 360 is still going strong. I think the slim PS2 I think still works too.

Meanwhile I'm hoping Elite:Dangerous goes on sale* at some point.

*phil heroically goes back on topic

You didn't pick it up the other day at 66% off then Phil? 

I don't think any wired PS controllers work. You have to go wireless, map buttons, etc... Least thats what I read a while ago things change. I looked into useing a PS4 controller on PC but it required more patience and effort than I was willing give up. That along with every game with controller support is made for the M$ ABXY button layout and all I had to do with my 360 controller is plug it in. I'd still like a PS4-PC controller though.

I really want to get this but my games to play back log could choke a Hobbit. A Middle-earth bundle to rule them all. Pay $19.99 for Shadow of Mordor + 18 DLC, saving 60%! via

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

It's been £39.99 since release. I hope you're talking about another game :o

Bah I knew you weren't gonna fall for that ;)

Summer sale next month so hopefully it'll be reduced especially as it hasn't sold well at full price. £19.99 would be a steal but if it does hit the sales; it probably wont go below £29.99 at 25% off. It'll certainly do in between the wait for Star Citizen! 

I just don't know how I feel about that game. I keep looking at it sitting on my Wish List, but idk, I don't think it really belongs there for some reason

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Only 25% off Elite Dangerous which is a bit disappointing :( Looks like the publishers are holding out for top dollar even though the game isn't selling strongly. 

Yep, a bit cheeky I thought as well. Think I may just wait for Star Citizen to come to fruition. Though pace of development there is pretty slow. The way its going I may have to wait until we become the planet of the apes for the alpha to appear... :lol:

I just don't know how I feel about that game. I keep looking at it sitting on my Wish List, but idk, I don't think it really belongs there for some reason

Me too, I hope I don't come home a bit merry and buy it on a whim. I probably won't. But you never know. :huh:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Pretty much everyone here is all about Fallout, and I know Fallout 3 doesn't work on my comp :ph34r: so I just picked up Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the cheep. I've never played any of them.

Steam summer sale got me like (C:) 50MB free of 931GB :o

Project Cars £24 is tempting..

JUST saw that. I'm mad :lol: It really does look and run awesome. I'm still trying to get my controls set and have the game remember them or cooperate. I did twice. One of those times I beat Brands Hatch in a McLaren P1 full race weekend...

You can't go off track or that and the next lap times don't count. So the rain starts on turn 4 second lap of qualifying forcing me to take the out lap with cold tires like a lunatic in an attempt to beat the rain as much as I can to be able to keep it on track through 7-8-9 and get a banker. It took every ounce of my being; my arms and back hurt. It was awesome! I loved every minute of it! :D

Do any of you guys have Besiege?  It's an alpha I guess, and it's cheap, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun.  Any know much about it?

watch?v=R44VIEJkgiQ

Nope. Looks cool though.

Uh....

If Fallout 3 doesn't work on your PC, then New Vegas sure won't

Had me worried there for a sec!

Fallout 3 doesn't work on Windows 7 or 8.1 but New Vegas is fine for everyone I think. 

Thank you sir.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas work on windows 7 and Windows 8.1

I know, I beat them both under windows 7, and currently have them both on Windows 8.1. Now, I will warn you that New Vegas demands to be installed on C:\ which is beyond dumb, but it will not work under any other library. However Fallout 3 doesn't care at all

I have windows 7 64 bit, plays both Fallouts no problem.

Picked up a few games last night - still holding out for a bigger price drop but other than that I hope that's all. 

Black Mesa (about damn time I tried this out)

Project Cars (I like Dirt Rally so far but it's single player only)

Ori and the Blind Forest (gonna see if the missus wants to play it, I'm always trying to find games she likes, last one was Counter Strike but she gets too stressed...she prefers Black Ops 2 funnily enough)

I think reading some of these posts has cost me a few quid :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg