Ghost Game Modes

Baabcat

So the game modes in ghosts have had a major shake up from previous CoD's and I wondered what peoples thoughts are on what's been done. In case you didn't know:

New modes:

Cranked - TDM but with a timer that kills you if you don't run around getting kills

Blitz - a bit like CTF but just need to touch the enemy base , not get back to your own base

Grind - sounds like a cross between CTF and KC, tags don't count unless you get them back to your base

Hunted - don't know much about this, sounds a bit like Dropzone but seem very little info on it, other than there's a team variant and a FFA variant

Search and rescues - SnD but with a chance to respawn your team mates by grabbing their tags

Returning modes:

FFA

TDM

Domination

kill confirmed

Infected as a mode which counts towards levelling up

Modes that have gone (at the moment):

SnD (replaced by SnR)

Demolition

CTF

Headquarters

(Hardpoint, but thats a trey arch mode anyway)

Team defender

I was surprised by the loss of SnD, but I guess they want to give SnR every chance

I'm gutted by the loss of Demolition, loved this in BO2

Grind and Blitz sound like they should be ok

Cranked sounds stupid to me, let's all play TDM the same way. Why have this and KC is beyond me

Infected counting for levelling up , not sure about

Hunted don't know enough About

Thoughts peeps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cranked doesn't interest me but Blitz looks like a lot of fun. Hadn't heard of Grind yet but it sounds like Headhunter from Halo (where you had to grab the skulls) which is always a riot.

Hunted looks very interesting too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rotated in other new and old modes, they've done it before.

Search and rescue sounds good, makes s&d even more intense and tactical...

Cranked seems a bit silly, yes I moan about people camping in TDM etc but if you don't want to run around, you shouldn't have to...

CTF demolition, good riddance...

Hard point was good but I didn't like it because of the predictability, if the hard points were random and there were more locations it would be better...

Happy that KC is still there!

blackops2sig.jpg

Not too happy with S&R the more I think about it. There's no real benefit to the initial point of contact when long range sniping as the tag can be easily recovered. Will somebody potentially camp the opponent spawn in case of tag recovery?

There's a few more things, but I hope it'll play better than what I have in my mind at the moment

Not too happy with S&R the more I think about it. There's no real benefit to the initial point of contact when long range sniping as the tag can be easily recovered. Will somebody potentially camp the opponent spawn in case of tag recovery?

There's a few more things, but I hope it'll play better than what I have in my mind at the moment

Good point about camping spasm points. I can see that being a problem

Despite being tipped as a game mode Grind doesn't seem to have made it for launch

Played some Hunted, quite fun. You basically start with a handgun, and a plane drops a weapon crate that dispenses decent weapons for a time (couldn't work out how this time was calculated, I think it's the number of guns then as you can end up with 2 or even 3 weapons crates on the map. It's pretty intense trying to get a decent gun, think the start of the hunger games (not the start of the film, the start of the actual games)

Seemed fun to me

I'm loving Blitz. I have a feeling most of my time in game is going to spent there. It would be an awesome game to play with a party. I'm enjoying it either way but getting in games that people just sit at the portal kind of suck when you are the only one going for enemy portal but I run into the same thing with dom so it's whatever. Only complaint is I think they should extend the score a bit. 8 ends the half 16 ends the game. Some games are super fast and most games end pretty fast unless you get 2 teams that camp their portals.

I hope SnD returns; I'd happily see Infected removed if one playlist has to be sacrificed.  There was 56 players on PC in the Infected lobby earlier so I can't really see it holding out albeit being IW's precious creation. I imagine it is pretty sparse on console also although it attracted a few on MW3 in its time.

Blitz is a blast at the minute especially if everyone is on-song and actually playing the objective instead of camping on the defence portal.  Cranked is fast and furious and I'm going to try SnR over the weekend.

I still can't believe TDM is the most played when you have KC which is much more enjoyable and the points are greater. The classic mode just feels a bit bland and it's not like picking up tags is all that exhausting for the casual player who isn't objectively focused. 

Played some SnR. I thought it was really good. Somehow having the tags there gives SnD another dimension. I'm liking this mode

I was about to ask if the people complaining about SnD being gone had actually tried the replacement yet lol

Mark Rubin has just tweeted that Search and Destroy will be returning to Call of Duty: Ghosts public matches on Nov. 15th. Rubin has also confirmed that the team is listening to all of our feedback and is working on many updates for all the things fans have been reporting

Hey everyone! Just got back from a long time on the road for work and there is a lot going on, obviously. We’re still in launch mode at the studio as PS4 and XboxONE are still to come. But I did want to say that we are listening to all of the feedback and are collecting it all together to address internally. We’re working on fixes as fast as possible, (which can still take some time with the submission processes) so hang in there. We know one of the biggest requests has been adding S&D to the public playlists which is something we had planned on doing but have decided to up the timeframe, so we’ll be adding it to the playlist on Friday, Nov. 15th. Thanks again everyone for a great launch and I will try and keep the updates flowing. Be sure to check out @infinityward for updates as well.

http://www.charliein...st-on-nov-15th/

I was having some PSN connection problems yesterday so explored the local menu game modes a bit. I found Hunted FFA. Hunted rules (start with pistol, grab guns from crates) but with bots in free for all mode. Was actually a lot of fun, the fact the bots were killing each other and you often don't have much of a weapon makes the bots competitive. Worth a look.