The Division sequel thoughts

GazzaGarratt

The developers MD of The Division gas recently hinted at a sequel saying that he can't talk about anything just yet but referring to The Division as 'Division 1'. It's also likely to happen because of Ubisoft's track record.

Given how games are made these days and the fact The Division just recently got a large free update to keep it relevant, what do we think about the idea of a sequel? Should there be one or should they look to incorporate it within the original (looking at you Destiny 1).

I think if the base foundation of currency and mechanics is easy for beginners to pick up then they should look to develop the original game and make large expansions. However, a new game would give them the scope to get a large gamerbase following, as long as the content is there.

I also think they have a chance to really get the Dark Zone working right.

Be good to know what you guys think.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The Division has improved massively since launch with some crucial tweaks and new ideas. The original gameplay director left soon after release to join Square Enix and he really didn't have a clue on what the game should be and how it should move forward. Thankfully Ubisoft have supported the game closely ever since, worked with the community and improved the whole experience. A sequel is now a no-brainer as the brand has been somewhat salvaged. 

The problem with the original was down to how they mislead people on how the game worked and how exaggerated the marketing was. The dark zone was good on paper but poorly executed and the fact you didn't see any other players in New York aside from you and your party just made the game feel bare apart from repetitive enemies dotted around. It wasn't really the MMO, multi-dark zone open world survival game that people were expecting and that Ubisoft had promoted. The game didn't really have to be online only either. I'd also want more of a story this time around rather than a load of missions and activities simply slapped over a huge sandbox environment. The game world did look astonishing at times though with incredible attention to detail. 

If the first game didn't lose so many players I think they would have just continued expanding it but a sequel is probably best for a refresh, to bring players back and hopefully a totally new location. 

The Division is a great game. 

That being said I think it needs a sequel, they appear to have learned a ton of things from the last few updates, and from watching what happens with games like Destiny 2. 

If they do end up with a sequel, I really hope they change the Dark Zone area's. It is the only aspect of the game I don't find enjoyable and have completely ignored.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."