State of the FG MC Server (#2) (Updated #3)

Sennex

DNS means Domain Name Server

Its what interprets/ links an HTML address to a web address.

Example: I told Cal to connect to damNation.eu yesterday as the server address, instead of telling him to use 176.9.50.166

Its not something we really need or care about to be honest, as long as we have the IP address

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I forgot you can't put a bed in the nether

MybXoF7.png

After fixing it, and putting a town claim up as well as a path

3Y7oEHt.png

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Nether portal Overworld side

Zau8NY9.png

Also, I am only laying a road out 100 blocks in every direction from the exact center of the spawn

Hmm... so are there resources/monsters there that are unique to it?  Sounds interesting. 

I'm looking forward to getting back into this.  I'm going to have to remember all the different builds and shortcuts.  It's been a while!

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

In the Nether you can get Glowstone- Glowstone_(Block).png You  can also get NetherrackNetherrack.png, NetherbrickNether_Brick.png and Quartz Ore Nether_Quartz_Ore.png assuming we're playing on 1.6.

When you mine Quartz ore you get Nether Quartz - Nether_Quartz.png Which can be made into different type of blocks d8622036509b5834603cda23b96a776a.pngcf501529715914d8670c648c90031b6f.png  There are Quartz Blocks, Slabs Stairs and Pillars.

Theres also a lot of mobs like Zombie Pigmen which spawn in groups and they are "neutral" unless you attack one they will all swarm you D:  There's Ghasts which are big floating things that shoot an explosive at you which will damage you and the surrounding blocks, but for whatever reason they can't break cobblestone. They normally stay out of swords reach but 1 shot from a bow normally takes them down. There are also Magma Cubes which are basically a Nether equivalent to Slimes, they drop Magma Cream which can be used when brewing potions.

Nether Fortresses are another thing that spawns and this is where you can get a surplus of netherbrick, netherfence and netherbrick stairs. Fortresses look like this 800px-Giantfort.png

But most are usually half buried into the ground. In 1.6 chests spawn inside these and you can get Diamonds, Nametags, Horse Armour and more.

Within these fortresses there are rooms which have soul sandSoul_Sand.png on the floor with Netherwart Nether_Wart.gif growing on top. Sould Sand spawns naturally around the entire Nether but NEtherwart only spawns in Fortresses. Netherwart is used for potions and can only grown on Soul Sand.

2 more things!

Blazes are another mob and they are the most annoying things in the nether, for me anyway. 150px-Blaze.png They float around and shoot fireballs from a distance but they normally stay low enough for you to hit them with a sword. They spawn Via Mob Spawner 800px-Blaze-spawner.png in Nether Fortresses and when killed drop Blaze Rods.

Blaze Rods are a necessity if you want to start brewing as you need one to make a brewing stand e8f682d9a67d011d4449e45503fc2a43.png

Last Mob is the Wither Skeleton. I can't be arsed to type anymore so here is the wiki page Tommy, lol. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Wither_Skeleton

Sorry for long post :D

There's Ghasts which are big floating things that shoot an explosive at you which will damage you and the surrounding blocks, but for whatever reason they can't break cobblestone. They normally stay out of swords reach but 1 shot from a bow normally takes them down. 

That was a shit post arris. You forgot the bastard flumpflumps (ghast)

4025464+_9dd8d3b86996bdbf52c2fab50f5551c

Taking a small break today from server building and what not. Gonna watch some football and what not

My son decided to help me work on the server, so I was able to do some more setup and tweaking

Also built the roads, and the spawn.

nRc3ecF.png

uUKUeAh.png

That is a Beacon. It is set to Max power, it took 244 Diamond blocks to make it (9 diamonds per block), and it is in the exact center of the spawn. As in you spawn directly in its beam.

It is set to make anyone within a radius heal faster as well as move and jump higher

What's the point of being able to move/jump higher?  The healing thing is cool.  Will we be able to type /home or /spawn to go directly there?  I liked when we had that before.  I named my home way point "home" or something and just typed /home and I'd warp there.  I loved that feature. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

its a nicety really, the walking faster is cool though, it doens't last long but its nice.

And yes, we have public warp addresses, as well as /spawn, and /home.

that reminds me I didn't test the /home crap.

also, you can teleport to anyones town if they allow access to the public.