State of the FG MC Server (#2) (Updated #3)

Sennex

(THIS POST WILL BE EDITTED TO REFLECT HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO A FINISHED PRODUCT.)

Okay, so a change of plans folks.

We don't really want to exclude folks from playing, and at some point I think it would be cool to allow "others" to join us.

So that being said, as cool as it was to do all the work I did; that server is now scrapped and I am building a Craft Bukkit server.

The good news for you fluffers is that it means you will only ever have to manage the mods you want to play with on your own end. Everything else is server based.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES HERE:

I am moving forward with this and am about 60% done already. Here is the list of plugins I am putting in:

• Plugins 100% Done:
    • [Dynmap]  - Web based map -  100% done
    • [MobCash] - get paid to kill crap - DONE!
    • [World Border] -  Overworld, DONE - Nether Auto-rendering now

• Partially Done
    • [LWC] -Chest, furnace, Door, Sign, button, Lever protection system. It makes your stuff private or public basically.  - Need to limit the number of protections as it lags the server out.
    • [Essentials] - 100% configured needs to be tested again
    • [Towny] -Allows players to purchase blocks of terrain to build on. Player controls all permissions inside the block (Within reason) - 99% configured
    • [McMMO] - Adds in several skills and rewards that just make the game a shade more fun to play - 99% configured
  • Configured but needs more Testing:
    • [Vault] - this is a wrapper to help link all this cap together.
    • [Chest Shop] - Player driving economy. Got to much dirt? SELL IT! Need Cobble? BUY IT... etc
  • Unable to Test until we have a Server:
    •  
    • [World Edit] - Plug in needed to stop griefing and crap- Unable to test until we have this on an actual server
    • [World Guard] - Plug in needed to stop griefing and crap- Unable to test until we have this on an actual server
    • [Log Block] - Plug in needed to stop griefing and crap - Unable to test until we have this on an actual server
  • Removed
    • [Grief Prevention] - At this point I am pulling this as it is causing me more problems then its worth.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Map of what the new Landscape looks like, The red Box is the world border.

The total land mass is 6000m x 6000m (3000 m radius around the spawn point, which is the globe, in the center.

As you can see its been pre-rendered. I actually thought this was going to break my PC LOL

5AKYokp.png

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

As long as I'm nowhere near snow im happy. I'll be spending most of my time near spawn though.

The ideal spot for you might be a desert to be honest.

Also, I have added in the ability to /set home, and to /warp to various places. One of which will be spawn.

That way you guys can always get to the spawn point, and then back home again.

Also, with the Chest shop I am setting up, there will be a market place for you guys

This is an example of the "Towny" claim system. The upper left red block is one full 16x16 chunk

The large outlined red block at the bottom is 4x chunks.

o8mkKD8.png

Inside this red "Town" I can control if Mobs spawn, if other players can /Warp to me, or if other players can build/ Destroy/ etc.. Basically its your "Town" to do WTF you want

I can edit this picutre if you guys can't read it, but this is what the towny controls look like.

Jg9XSYb.png

Town size 8/8 means I have claimed my 8 chunks. (This is just for testing. You guys can buy more chunks or merge Towns, or create nations etc... All give you more chunks to play with)

OPGs5i7.png

This is a pic of me getting paid for killing a zombie. I made 13$ in game.

Seems like a small amount, but I think I balanced it really well. I will play with these numbers as time goes by though

Sennex, what biome are those islands on the right? :)

No idea, its super far away, I can fly out there and see though if you want. Most likely Ocean/ hills or something

If its too much hassle don't worry, was just curious :D

They are swamps

Not nearly as solid as they appear, But a decent spot none the less

Bart,

I've been reading through all of these Minecraft threads and just have to say, you're the man!  Nice work dude.  I'm not sure which thread to post this in but...

I installed vanilla today.  I just had to reset my password.  I'm not going to be able to justify spending any money right now on the MC forum server.  Money is just too tight compared to the little time I'll probably be on the server.  However, if you could help me get a couple of handy mods installed I'd really appreciate it.  I've been wanting to play this game again.  My daughter thinks it's funny to watch me build stuff too, so that's fun.  Anyway...  I would definitely like to have that tree chopping mod!  I hate chopping trees on block at a time!  :)   Any then any other mods that would be useful for playing solo.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Bart,

I've been reading through all of these Minecraft threads and just have to say, you're the man!  Nice work dude.  I'm not sure which thread to post this in but...

I installed vanilla today.  I just had to reset my password.  I'm not going to be able to justify spending any money right now on the MC forum server.  Money is just too tight compared to the little time I'll probably be on the server.  However, if you could help me get a couple of handy mods installed I'd really appreciate it.  I've been wanting to play this game again.  My daughter thinks it's funny to watch me build stuff too, so that's fun.  Anyway...  I would definitely like to have that tree chopping mod!  I hate chopping trees on block at a time!  :)   Any then any other mods that would be useful for playing solo.

Follow the instructions in the "stickied" mod, download the files and what not, thats all you really need to do, as that mod is in there

Two Things:

A.) That tree mod is called Tree Capitator

B.)Also, no reason to not come play with us in Vanilla land dude

I can never remember that name! :) 

I'm more than happy to play with you guys.  I had a ball last time.  I just wanted to be upfront from the start that I'm not going to be putting into money into it because I know I won't be playing much. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Do you want me to create a sub-forum specifically for Minecraft and move all of these threads there?

Ask Diddums.

I think it might be a good idea, that way we dont' break the flow here or anything.

I'll just do it.  Diddums shouldn't have made me an admin if he didn't want me fucking with things!  :) 

Hmm... which section do you think it would fit best?  I can either make a sub-forum under "Other" games, or in the "RPG" section.  Which would you prefer?

Here is the Nether Render: It is the exact same dimensions as the Over World

TlJcKJX.png

That helps like NOT AT ALL LOL

One thing about Portals and Players not of the FG membership:

I disabled the ability to make new portals, I also disabled the End. There are several reasons for this, the first of which is both of these maps are just over a gb in size, so the servers static playing area is roughly 2.3gb, thats huge. Every portal adds in another point to manage and for resources to go to. So limiting them, and keeping a set portal at spawn is a good way to manage it.

That said, I am upping the # of warp points people can have. Also, I plan on researching today how to make the amount of land claims everyone can have based on which world they are in. This will also help you guys get back and forth, and keep the server running cleaner.

Lastly, with the "Random" placement of portals in the Nether, I dont want to deal with peoples builds or towns overlapping, or trying to manage that by "moving" portals and then linking them (Seriously, its a HUGE PITA)