GT6 for PS3 only, GT7 for PS4 in 2-3 years

Diddums

So apparently GT6 is going to be PS3 only. The PS4 will have to wait for GT7, which will only be released in a year or two. This seems like an odd move, especially as the GT series was always such a crucial title for Playstation. I would've thought that Sony would've put some pressure on Polyphony to get a game out for the PS4, but it could be due to games like Destiny that it's been put on the back burner.

Even then, 2-3 years seems like a long time to wait to release a Gran Turismo title for the PS4. Is this Sony being very confident, or perhaps a smart move to sell consoles later down the line?

Who knows, but it's an interesting move nonetheless.

banlol.png

oh, ignore my post in your other thread lol

I think they know it won't be able to compete against games like Destiny, so they're probably right to hold it off but damn, don't hold off till GT7!! If people like driving games then why not get an xboxone and get Forza?

Ah that's a bugger; I am not a GT fan but was looking for a decent racer for the PS4 and I'm surprised that they have opted to keep it on the existing system.  I read somewhere that GT5 took 6 years to finish and even then it wasn't entirely complete on full release? If that's the case, I'm sure they will try and get their moneys worth and milk it to the max.

With #Driveclub pegged back by Ubisoft; I don't know what to get now...

I can't participate because I'm in the US but all you UK mofo's can! Good luck!!!

18+ people who can participate from these countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

GT6Comp_EN.jpg

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/competitions/detail/item659857/Win-BIG-with-Gran-Turismo-6/?site_locale=en_GB&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't miss out on your chance to win a Gran Turismo Racing Pod and a variety of GT6 goodies.

How well do know legendary driving series, Gran Turismo? Prove it - we're offering you the chance to be the envy of your friends and win some amazing GT related prizes, including:

• An official Gran Turismo racing pod.
  • A 40-inch Sony Bravia TV.
  • A Thrustmaster Steering Wheel and racing seat.
  • A PlayStation 3 system.
  • Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition.

Interested? Click the Enter Competition button below to find out more.

Entrants must be aged 18 or over and a resident in a participating country.

Please make sure you have read the terms and conditions before entering this competition.

Please note you will need a Sony Entertainment Network account to enter this competition. You can create an account by visiting eu.playstation.com/registration on a computer or alternatively, you can create a Sony Entertainment Network account on a PlayStation 3 system, a Wi-Fi enabled PSP system or a PS Vita system.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg