New Character - Orisa

GazzaGarratt

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She really does look interesting and like it would really help bridge a bit of a gap in team selection as she's a bit of a Jack of all trades. However reading up so far it seems like this could make Winston all but redundant. 900hp shield for Orisa which starts 12 sec cool down at time of planting vs a 600hp bubble that begins 12 sec cool down when destroyed. Plus the fortify ability looks awesome when you really need to dig into a position

5 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

She really does look interesting and like it would really help bridge a bit of a gap in team selection as she's a bit of a Jack of all trades. However reading up so far it seems like this could make Winston all but redundant. 900hp shield for Orisa which starts 12 sec cool down at time of planting vs a 600hp bubble that begins 12 sec cool down when destroyed. Plus the fortify ability looks awesome when you really need to dig into a position

Winston has that jump ability which makes him very mobile. His bubble also protects you back as well as front. I didn't look at the details but I think there may be a place for both. Winston's rage is also pretty good to clear a point.  I haven't played him in a long time, but I use to like him on some maps. That japanese one for example on the second point, he's very mobile and can get behind the defenders. 

12 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Winston has that jump ability which makes him very mobile. His bubble also protects you back as well as front. I didn't look at the details but I think there may be a place for both. Winston's rage is also pretty good to clear a point.  I haven't played him in a long time, but I use to like him on some maps. That japanese one for example on the second point, he's very mobile and can get behind the defenders. 

I know what you're saying Pat.  I guess they serve 2 different purposes as characters. I really put some work in on the off season with Winston and I can't help feel like he was just a little behind all the other tanks in viability. For me Winston's bubble still needs a buff whether it be related to cool down or hp. As you said it's a 360 degree shield which offers great protection but conversely 600hp goes down really quick when it can be shot at from all sides. I just want to see him in a good place as I really think with our dive comp style of play he'd slot in nicely

6 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

I know what you're saying Pat.  I guess they serve 2 different purposes as characters. I really put some work in on the off season with Winston and I can't help feel like he was just a little behind all the other tanks in viability. For me Winston's bubble still needs a buff whether it be related to cool down or hp. As you said it's a 360 degree shield which offers great protection but conversely 600hp goes down really quick when it can be shot at from all sides. I just want to see him in a good place as I really think with our dive comp style of play he'd slot in nicely

I think he might also be intended for less skilled players. Not everyone can play like you guys do. Until I play orisa I don't know what the difficulty level might be

I used him in 5 of my placement matches yesterday (always when attacking). I think we won 4 of them the won. I played him very poorly one the one we lost

What seems to work for me is getting to a point you need to cover, wait until they attack and focus on Winston, put down the shield (now the really focus on winston and most seem to rush towards him), then use Winston jump and get behind them. I don't think the better players would rush.  Seems that will get them expose themselves  and their healer and the rest of the team can hopefully help take them down

I think his weapon needs improvement. It does auto-aim but it just seems too weak

Strengths

Fusion Driver offers exceptional suppressing fire

Fortify is fantastic for mitigating burst damage and avoiding crowd control

Halt! is ridiculously strong on maps where players can be pulled off the edge

Protective Barrier provides solid positional defence in enclosed spaces

Supercharger is fantastic for a stationary team that’s defending

Weaknesses

Fusion Driver has poor accuracy over long distances

Protective Barrier is relatively poor in large, open areas

Orisa is relatively slow – especially when firing – and becomes an easy target as a result

Supercharger isn’t amazing when your team is trying to advance

She isn’t great at being a solo “anchor tank”, unlike Reinhardt

Forum Signature Test.png