Current Test Server Patch 6/1/17

Stretch616

First caveat to this thread is that these are not live changes but more often than not these changes make their way through to the live servers. So there's 3 characters that have been affected this time round:

Anna

A significant nerf for Anna on the healing grenade. Although the initial heal value is still the same the "amped" healing has now been nerfed from a 100% increase down to 50%. I can't see this affecting her viability as much but it will aid in breaking down the tank heavy choke points

D-Va

Ratio of armour to health has been changed from 400/200 (in favour of armour) to be 400/200 now in favour of standard health. This should make her not quite the monster she was but still probably the must pick tank. This just means more care needs to be taken when you have a flanking soldier (I'll do another thread explaining full difference between health/armour/shields).

She's also had a change to her fusion cannons. The max damage per pellet has now been taken down to 7 from 9 but they have increased the total pellets in a shot to compensate. The idea of this is getting a more consistent damage output rather than a "roll of the dice" affect when not at point blank range

Roadhog

This is a buff/nerf so I'll go with the good news first!

The hook will now bring all characters up to point blank range as smaller characters would previously end up slightly out of 1 shot range. This should give a more consistent damage output when hooking. They've also amended how point blank hooks work and it won't put the target further back as it used to. Also wall clipping issues have been solved too, so really good news on this front

Now for the nerf! The hook now has 2 line of sight checks to ensure that it can work. The first line of sight check happens when you initially cast the hook and it lands then 2nd check happens when you begin to reel them in (about 0.5 secs later). You must have a visible line of sight to the target in both of these cases to get the full use. This means that it should eliminate all the bullshit round the corner hooks that we've all been experiencing, but will result in quite a few missed hooks that would normally have been successful before.

On the whole this patch will open things up a bit as it just tones down how awesome D-Va and Anna currently are and there can be some potential counters. Plus Roadhog is now going to be even more of a squishy killing machine with the improved consistency. However the knock on affect of the amp healing and the D-Va armour changes means that Solider is now even more of a threat than he was before.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-Va's changes are interesting. I know I'll have to compensate as I use her the most. Probably have to play a little more defensively - blocking damage will be key and it would've been nice to see an extension to the amount of time reduce for the damage blocker to regenerate to compensate for the armour as I think she'll get wrecked in a lot of situations.

Ana's changes shouldve gone further I think. A good Ana against you is unstoppable as the impact a grenade has on offense is ridiculously OP.

Forum Signature Test.png

I don't play enough Ana or Roadhog to probably notice their changes.  DVa is a shame though being that I do like playing her and some videos I watched on it suggest the nerf has been too much.  We shall see what actually gets released from the test server.  Maybe DVa will only drop to 300/300 rather than the 400/200 currently being tested.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png