Fall pike on the fly

Drifter

pike_zpssmp6jujw.jpg

Fishing%202016%20003_zps9yptjujj.jpg

Fishing%202016%20001_zps1klypynr.jpg

Closed the cabin up for the winter over the weekend. Weather was cold & windy but while the family went to town shopping i went to the river. Had a few pike follow the fly all the way in till this decent one finally committed and hammered the streamer at the last second.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks so lovely and peaceful, hope you had a nice chilled time.

Was watching a fishing program last night where this guys chases monster fish, he was after massive pike and the pike he caught was insane! How big do the fish get around there?

Fishing is by far the most popular sport in this country. More people fish than play football, which is saying something. 

They say fishing in Ireland is great.

I've only done a bit of night fishing and that was years ago.

As Rich says, looks really peaceful there and beautiful.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Fishing is by far the most popular sport in this country. More people fish than play football, which is saying something. 

They say fishing in Ireland is great.

I've only done a bit of night fishing and that was years ago.

As Rich says, looks really peaceful there and beautiful.

Dude i'll be well up for going on a fishing trip next year, maybe we should get a FG fishing team together?

Was watching a fishing program last night where this guys chases monster fish, he was after massive pike and the pike he caught was insane! How big do the fish get around there?

Depends on where you fish and what you are fishing for. Lake St Clair is home to a big population of Musky that get huge. I have a friend that is a musky fly fishing guide on LSC and he routinely catches musky between 42"-50". I believe his biggest last year was a 54" monster. 

18 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Depends on where you fish and what you are fishing for. Lake St Clair is home to a big population of Musky that get huge. I have a friend that is a musky fly fishing guide on LSC and he routinely catches musky between 42"-50". I believe his biggest last year was a 54" monster. 

Nice fish and all. 

How heavy would those muskies be? I don't remember ever measuring a fish, but there was this place we use to go to that had pike that was about 9-10 lbs

http://www.en.airmontlaurier.com/quebec-fishing-pike-walleye-canada/quebec-pourvoiries-lacdumale

My dad use to love the place because he liked Walleye so much