Robot Dogs

J4MES OX4D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I guess we will see how the game does but if I were Activision, I might start looking for a different studio

I guess these remaining IW employees weren't exactly the A team

It's quite sad that the Infinity Ward has demised so badly but most people know that the old IW team are long gone and are nothing compared to the personnel that are in place now. I think half the team that made Ghosts plus in influx of full time Neversoft staff (Tony Hawk developers making COD = logical!) and other external recruits make up the studio nowadays minus the likes of ex producer Mark Rubin who was offloaded after Ghosts plus a few other names that got the chop. Doesn't look like they've learned from past issues though as the same old problems exist from this studio plus the usual complaints from the franchise as a whole. Most people are comparing this as a cross between Ghosts and Black Ops 3 which represents some of the worst of the series to date IMO.

Could be expensive if they disbanded the studio plus they'd have to hire even more newbies to fill the gaping void even though most of the studio now are newcomers so if they are to do anything; they'll probably just rename the studio but the way IW have been received since Ghosts; I can't see that name remaining attached to Call of Duty for very long. I'm not convinced by Sledgehammer and even the highly rated Treyarch let themselves down after the excellence they had with Black Ops 1 and 2. 

As long as the game rakes in the cash whether that be from unit sales or supply drops and even if the success is bolstered by the remaster; the end quality of the game wont matter fuck all to them though. I'm sure Acitivision know that Infinite Warfare and Infinity Ward were in for a tough ride which is why the remaster was commissioned but as long as it makes billions; that's all that matters. 

Would it be out of the ordinary for these companies to use purely contractors to work on the product and still make so much money based on the name alone? The studio itself could be tiny and they just contract the entire product each year and still make a killing.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Good lord.  What a joke.  If taking a swipe at people makes them explode, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU USING GUNS!?!?!?!

Giving BF1 a week as I've been bitten by preorders too many times recently.  But This isn't even on the bargain bucket list.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......