New Character - Sombra

GazzaGarratt

New character Sombra should have been released yesterday however there was no sign of her once I updated the game.

She was leaked via the Overwatch forums in code:

overwatch_glitch_sombra_tease-768x432.jp

There’s a post on the Overwatch forums which reads “la que tiene la información; tiene el poder” – a Spanish phrase which translates to “she who has the information, has the power”, and which has appeared in previous Sombra tease material.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

This shit is getting old. It's been five months of hints. The hype will not live up to all the bullshit.

Way to come off the positive Tree!! 

In all honesty, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. Free dlc is a welcome thing for modern games and if it takes a few weeks longer then, meh! 

Well she's finally here!! There's a lot of offensive utility in her powers and it will be interesting to see how she fits in the current meta. From what I have read so far, she should be released for public play at some point next week

Also here's the cgi vid in full

She's seems a fantastic team player, more for the intelligence for a group rather than killing efforts so maybe not so with randoms. I expect her to be in nearly every competitive game for quite a while as you wouldn't release a character that isn't viable for the best mode.

Forum Signature Test.png

18 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

I see her as a Tracer variant and whose ultimate will be absolute devastating.

Totally agree, but I wonder even more about her standard hack. Most defend maps involve a wall of dps behind a Rein shield. If a Sombra teleports behind the wall and hacks the shield then the floodgates can open. This could really change the way the game is played. However i imagine it will be high risk/reward as the kit looks quite tricky get that scenario to play out. 

Really excited to give it a go though and to see where the game progresses from here.