Discuss the operators - Bandit

The3rdWalker

This series has been re-created to facilitate the gameplay, metagame, and strategy discussion that often gets buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood this sub.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on an operator, but also for midlevel or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

Today's operator is Bandit.

The community has outlined a couple of things that they want to converse about with every operator, but feel free to branch out should you feel a piece of information warrants its own discussion.

• The operator’s primary or ideal role in the team. (DISCLAIMER: Operators can be played in a number of different ways. There is no single way to play an operator. This is probably the most subjective segment of the discussion series, and hopefully will spark debates or help us learn things we did not know before.)
  • The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
  • The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
  • What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
  • What maps and game modes does this operator struggle with?
  • What teammates synergize well with this operator?
  • What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
  • What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator? What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
  • What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandit's biggest strategy on places that have important breach points, 'juggling'.

• You need to wait by the middle wall you know they're going to Thermite, and when you hear Thermite plant you should be able to determine if he planted on the panel in front or to the left or right of you. Plant your bandit battery right away when he plants his charge and you can destroy it.
  • Kanal - Boat Supplies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57neqnL2kKw 
  • House - Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMN3o1I9VU 

That being said, the Bandit trick is starting to get played out to the point that its too dangerous to actually do, good teams will always get you if you do it. But, if you're gold or below you can probably still use it. I started doing this trick in January and it was glorious back then, people didn't even know what was happening. As of ~March I won't even try it anymore unless I know I'm playing aginst golds, because anyone who knows what you're doing can probably kill you, especially Capitao now, but frags and floors can be opened up everywhere you can do it and you can be killed easily.

The operator’s primary or ideal role in the team.

Bandit can be used in 2 different ways. You can either use him as the second roamer, backing Yager up whenever he doesn't have a nitro cell. Or you can use Bandit to hold a certain position, keep enemies back and do the bandit trick when needed. In Pro League both these roles get used. Primarily the second.

The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals.

Like most people know, it can be used to do the bandit trick. Taking out the enemy exothermic charges. However it can also be used to give the enemies position away. Putting it on a deployable shield or barbed wire to give away enemies position, so that you know from where they push.

The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.

Obviously you want to use the mp7 with acog, because that thing resembles almost the smg-11 just lower firerate and more bullets. However, that doesn't mean the M870 isn't good. It has been used in season 2 finals pro league. If you're holding a wall and the entrance is close to you, using the shotgun is not entirely bad. There's only 1 pistol, so not much to add. Nitro is highly recommend, but again, bandit is one of the few operator that can have 3 barbed wire. So barbed wire in certain situations can actually be a way better pick.

What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?

He does well in maps that are roamer friendly, or that have a wall you can hold. Like Church in Club House, Trophy Room in Chalet, Bedroom in Oregon,... As for game modes, like in all my posts. All operators do well in all game modes, just in certain situations you have to pay attention to the objective.

What maps and game modes does this operator struggle with?

Bandit struggles in maps where there is no position to hold, or a non-roam-friendly map. Examples are Kafe Dostoyevsky, Bank,... Game Modes is same like always.

What teammates synergize well with this operator?

Obviously you'd want a Yager to protect you from grenades would there be a posibility they could throw in a grenade. Pulse can be used if they try to confuse you with the planting. Or you can use a valkyrie camera to know where they plant.

What opposing operators check or counter this operator?

Operators that have grenades, Thatcher. Reason is self-explanatory.

What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator? What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?

Definitely use the acog on the mp7, it's basically a sniper rifle with the acog. Put your volume on max, and make your teammates shut up, so you can hear the thermite charge being planted. Use the double roaming strategy with Bandit, whenever there's a shield or blackbeard giving him trouble, you're there to either crossfire, trade or throw your nitro.

What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

I wouldn't rate him very high, because there are better roaming operators out there than Bandit. And the bandit trick can be easily countered. Pro players don't even bother anymore to open the outside wall. BUT he can be useful in certain situations so I won't rate him very low. But he's not that useful as he used to be.

I don't focus on the Bandit trick if I'm honest. I use I'm because he can lock down a wall to slow teams down whilst I roam around. His gun is second to none for me with the ACOG sights. I also find Thatcher doesn't get used much which makes him viable imo.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

To give a short and simple explanation, you are listening for Thermite to unroll his Brimstone. As soon as you hear it place down your battery. On Chalet 75% of the time the charge will be on the panel closet to the snowmobile because that gives the most optimal line of sight for the attackers. The Brimstone charge can be destroyed during its animation as you saw the second time.

... take the stairs like everyone else Thermite.