Discuss The Maps - House

The3rdWalker

This new series has been created to facilitate the gameplay, metagame, and strategy discussion that often gets buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood this sub.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific map, but also for midlevel or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

Today's map is House.

The community has outlined a couple of things that they want to converse about with every map, but feel free to branch out should you feel a piece of information warrants its own discussion.

• Overall map and team strategies for attacking & defending.
  • Secret areas, kill holes, and other techniques that can be used on the map.
  • The best operators to use on the map and different abilities that work & don't work with this map.
  • What strategies have you adopted while playing this map? What is something that a new player should know when playing this map, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
  • Does the map offer an unfair advantages to attackers or defenders?
  • Will Epi ever give us a release date for Bartlett University?
  • What is your overall opinion of this map?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the favorite of almost everyone. It's small and simple, but with great destruction it never loses its replay value. Even with the amount I've played, I still see new spots and strategies on both attack and defense. 

• If you pick dining room on defend, blow the master bedroom trapdoor. It gives a great view on dining room. However, it is the least favorable spot to defend as there are so many entrance points to the objective.
  • Kill hole behind bookcase(from inside closet) and kill hole in bathroom by toilet provide good crossfire for Master Bed

This is a great map for lots of reasons. It's small and has a familiar layout everyone can identify with. But it also has a few problems.

• Living Room is VERY difficult to defend, there's nothing of real value to turtle up behind in there. Anything you can put your back to can be hit from another angle. That room needs a divider or some kind of cabinet/hutch to create some extra spaces in it to hide behind. Maybe one of the windows can be shuttered too.
  • Main foyer area is super exposed, generally no one enters from that area.
  • Workshop is a problem too, there is nothing to really hide behind in there for defense. Once they blow the large window you can be hit from almost anywhere in the room. the only real place for defense in there is that one corner next to the big window but if you're anywhere else in the room, you're screwed. If you're by the lumber pile it doesn't offer any real protection and during the day the window blinds you if open or at night that damn floodlight blinds you.
  • Master Bedroom and Garage/Weight Room are pretty fun and decent though everyone has the opening gambit on Garage that's the exact same thing every time.
  • Interior cameras are good but exterior valkyrie cameras are better.
  • Does anyone ever use those exterior lift things with the ladders on them? They're supposed to be vantage points for snipers I guess but if you actually used them they'd just be death traps to get shot back from since you can't maneuver anywhere or hide. Plus the one by front door literally can't see anything because of that tree!

Despite having several flaws this is still a really fun map overall. I think because we can all identify with it so easily plus it's not too big so firefights are intense. It also has some of the best destructibility compared to other non DLC maps.

On attacking the bedrooms I tend to go on the garden house and shoot the windows out.  You get a great view of people running about and easy kills/health drops.

Defending I used to knock the window out and get a cheeky kill when people come up the spawn stairs.  As I tend to run pulse now I wait and kill the person on the other side.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

House is a funny one for me. I enjoy defending more just generally, however i struggle on this map. I think its built for more Shotguns and me running Bandit may not help as much.

On the other hand, attacking is grest fun with Ash. I usually go straight through Garage regardless of where it is as then I can act as a decoy away from the group. You usually find a roamer near the basement too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think its built for more Shotguns and me running Bandit may not help as much.

Bandit is one of the best roamers for house, his speed and gun's ads speed make him a monster.

It REALLY helps to know where destructible ceilings/floors are. For example, in the front lobby area beside the stairs and before the kitchen, you can destroy that floor and aim into the garage behind the far car.

• Don't reinforce the kid's bedroom. Take a shotgun and nitro cell and open up the walls. So much easier and if you open up the walls correctly you don't even have to enter the room to kill attackers if they're in there. You will fail to defend 9 times out of 10 if you reinforce the walls and force yourself to funnel in through the only door.