Quake Champions

GazzaGarratt

First Gameplay Trailer

It looks exciting to finally see a new Quake game on the horizon. Fast paced, frantic gameplay at it's best.

I know it had been said previously that this was a free to play game however that still seems to be undecided.

I've grabbed the following from the Internet:

When asked if Quake Champions would be free-to-play or an up-front retail purchase, Willits confesses that the studio is still wrestling with the issue. “I can definitely say that is a really hard problem, and so for us we’re trying to figure out exactly what people want more of, and how they perceive it,” says Willits. “And I’m not even trying to be cagey! It’s not like we know and just aren’t trying to tell anybody, we don’t know and we’re still trying to figure this out.”

Quake Champions is scheduled to enter closed beta testing sometime next year.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've released 3 character bios so far and here's the latest one I stumbled upon, Clutch.

Looks like they are following Overwatch in the space of hero designs. Good design to follow for such an iconic game as Quake.

Via the FG App

Forum Signature Test.png

Another teaser that has been released shows off Visor; a man with a piece metal molded to his face.

Super quick, can gain pace continuously. Can vault onto walls but he also has Piercing Sight which enables him to see through walls too. Gun wise he seems pretty Soldier 76 like from Overwatch. I like this addition.

Also, Bethesda also confirmed that the first Quake Champions esports tournament, featuring both Duel and the 4v4 Sacrifice modes, will take place at this year's Quakecon, which will run from August 24-27 in Dallas. Qualifiers will begin in June, "so we encourage players interested in competing to join the 'Large Scale Tech Test' that will run from this Friday, May 12 through May 21 to begin practicing and developing strategies."

Access to the test is guaranteed for everyone who signs up—if you haven't already done so, you can register for access at quake.bethesda.net.

Forum Signature Test.png