Pokémon Go is a free-to-play location-based, augmented reality game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. It was released in most regions of the world in July 2016. 

Initial release date: July 6, 2016
Developer: Niantic, Inc.
Series: Pokémon
Publisher: The Pokémon Company
Genres: Augmented reality, Location-based game, Massively multiplayer online game
Platforms: Android, iOS

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few EU, erm sorry, British members have been playing the game... Wondering how everyone that is playing it is enjoying it. I just hit level 20 but the game is started to lose its luster until some quality of life changes are implemented. Downtown Minneapolis by the U of M has some 2000CP Pokemon holding gyms already. Bethany, who hates video games actually likes this game but she refuses to call it a video game, it's a "virtual scavenger hunt."

dcb716dea81991070db7c42698602b88.png

Ive only managed to grab a few as it only started working on my phone about a week ago. I'm struggling with the idea of going somewhere random in a street to go to the gym with my phone. Love collecting them though!

Screenshot_2016-07-28-23-57-01.png

Forum Signature Test.png

Although I'm not the biggest Pokemon fan I've enjoyed the outdoor aspect of this. My lad loves it and will quite happily now go on long walks for his computer time. I love the mix of fantasy vs actual work put in. Plus it appeals to such a wide variety of ages. I just wish there was some kind of fighting thing that could be done at the lower levels. I'm level 8 and don't really have any kind of Pokemon that could compete in the gyms I've seen

Really enjoying this game, huge chunks of nostalgia mixed with some exercise 😀

Havent yet battled in a gym as haven't had the pokemon to battle but looking forward to trying it soon.

image.png

So Niantic Labs had a huge step back this week with their CEO saying they consider tracking websites like PokeVision 'cheating'. The problem is these websites were created because their own in game tracking system was bugged and not working.

This week's patched removed their own in game tracking all together. (Footsteps to show how close or far away you are from a Pokemon.) Now it's a matter of wandering around and hoping to find that one Pokemon. PokeVision respected this claim and shut their website down.

But, you can still hack this game and spoof the gps system. Niantic are picking the wrong battles.

The Ingress community warned GO players about Niantic Labs and their non community involvement and questionable update practices.

It has serious made me play the game way less. I predict a a solid amount of players leaving weak after week.

Honestly, losing the tracking didn't bother me at all as it never worked (up here?) in the first place. Hopefully whatever issues their having behind the scenes will be corrected when the release the Harry Potter game. 

36 minutes ago, Rumelylady said:

Honestly, losing the tracking didn't bother me at all as it never worked (up here?) in the first place. Hopefully whatever issues their having behind the scenes will be corrected when the release the Harry Potter game. 

I'm exactly the same, never worked so doesn't feel like i've lost anything. 

Plus i always wear my AshCatchem2000's so i'm always good to go 

14 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

When the step tracking was not disabled? Yes, once it was disabled I started using PokeVision.

Damn people with their fancy phones that have PokeVision. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

1 hour ago, Rumelylady said:

Damn people with their fancy phones that have PokeVision. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

'had pokevision,' niantic served them with a cease and desist. also another fun update overnight, they increased the game's refresh rate from 1 second to 10 when scanning for pokemon. this developer is making the most boneheaded moves i've seen in a long time, just strangling a golden goose.