Au Sable vacation 2016

Drifter

Spent the past 2 weeks at my home away from home..the Au Sable. Had a great time with family and spent about every waking minute on the river fishing. Was a bit slower than normal this year on the fly but still managed some really nice fish on streamers and foam hoppers. Built a new 10wt rod for big pike flies and managed to put that to use on some pike as well. I have lots of pics to upload over the next few days but here's a start of them.

And on another happy note....all fish/tanks made it through me being gone for 2 weeks. Only loss was one 6" female Venustus but she had some issues for a couple weeks before I even left so that was sort of expected.

More pics to come but here's the start of them...

1_zpsyw1qd83w.jpg

2_zpsg1j0gdm5.jpg

10_zps7v0w3oqx.jpg

9_zpssajjodob.jpg

5_zpsxtn6nfib.jpg

8_zps2tgem5at.jpg

6_zpsqxc6reaj.jpg

7_zpsiskffo1v.jpg

3_zpsvsel6ktq.jpg

more to come...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks amazing as usual Steve, some great fish as well!!

Great to hear almost all your fish survived as well, how do feed them whilst your away? Do you have a feeder on a timer or do you have one of those food capsules that slowly dissolves? 

Great to hear almost all your fish survived as well, how do feed them whilst your away? Do you have a feeder on a timer or do you have one of those food capsules that slowly dissolves?

I use automatic feeders. Those dissolving ones never seem to do the job so I use ones that are battery operated and can be set for how often and how much to feed. Usually just do a big water change right before I leave and then set the feeders up and timers on light with tanks that have live plants. Works pretty well that way most times.