Minecraft server

Sennex

I'd love to get back into minecraft. I always fuck it up for myself using cheaty mods and that energy condenser shit. I only really enjoy it when I have nothing.

I have this same problem at home, but on servers, I tend to be far more honest.

Yeah I'll try to steer clear of the end game OP shit, ruins the experience.

Agreed, its one of the reasons I never go to the Nether or the End

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Okay, so I think I have it all decided upon for us here.

one thing though:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/744918-15x162forgesmp-metallurgy-putting-the-mine-back-in-minecraft/

http://metallurgy2.wikia.com/wiki/Metallurgy2_Wiki

That mod right there I am torn on.

There are several pro's and con's to this mod.

A) it makes ores really insanely easy to get.

B) It adds a ton more ore's

C) It adds loads of new weapons and tools

D) Alloys and shit

E) machines, and power sources, sort of.

For this server, I am not really sure if we want something like this. Please check it, I am torn between it making things to easy to do for us, and it letting us jump deeper into bigger builds with more options.

AS it stands now, I have the following mods set up:

Biomes o Plenty

Underground Biomes

Tree Capitator

More Furnaces (I might drop this if we go with Metallurgy 3)

and Dynmap

I am still looking at a few other options as well.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The new/more ores is grand IMO.

The machines? I just won't research them. I'm going to mine for shiz and then build houses, weapons and stuff. I suppose a few machines wouldn't hurt. As long as I can't make diamonds out of dirt, I'll be happy :D

I love how........knowledgeable (is that a word?) you are in these things man.

8mSoOel.png

I've been watching a series on the Yogscast and they're using Galacticraft. You can get to the moon apparently, they haven't got there yet as they're only on episode 4 as of now but there's NASA crafting tables and shiz.

Looks interesting and they're using the lots of biomes mod. I think that's what it's called. You mentioned it above.

8mSoOel.png

Galacticraft is really cool but having played it before it is insanely grindy to get resources. But if you're down for grinding then yeah its cool.  I'm fine if there are common ores to be honest, you'll probably need a tonne of ores in Metlurlgy 3 to get all the weapons and shiz

For Metallurgy 3 they change the spawn heights for the ores, and then put in so many extra's that ore is literally everywhere.

Example: Redstone spawns from 1-64 height now

Lapis spawns at about the same

Diamond is from 1-approx 40

Emerald is all over

After that you have all the other ores in the game/ mod

I want to say its like 46 total ore's added in.

aRy8Q.png

Modded ores and the pickaxe needed to mine them.

Also, no to Industrialcraft:

I hereby officially declare the full-stop of IC's developement!
Sorry, but an upcoming project will take all time ned for IC. You can read more details at my blog (Linked further down the OP, obviously).

Thread will be left open for support questions. Unless people start spamming/flaming, then i'll lock it, period.

Thats from the mod authors official blog. Its dead and not able to be used in any of the new versions of the game. We could do GregTech, which is similar, but if you guys want to go down that rabbit hole, then I will start another thread as there is a whole other list of issues with it that need to be discussed (Config and recipe options)

I looked at Galacticraft, as well as a few other "space" mods, there is one that adds in Mars, and then a few other dimensions/ planets as well.

Very Grindy though, and gets away from the "Vanilla" feel you guys were saying you wanted.

Let me research a few things about Gregtech though, and I will post again.

Yea, Gregtech is nuts. Playing on hardmode you will never get anything done, and its much easier to just skip it.

The Metallurgy mod has a much better handle on machines, but then my problem comes in with its just way to many ore's added to the game.

One thing I thought of was that I need to look at inserting a "Resource" dimension. Not anything close to Mystcraft, but maybe do the Twilight forest, or even just a normal world where we can stripe mine the place, and then reset it back to normal.

The server load might be to much there though.

Yeah the galactic one would be too advanced for me. As I said, they're only on episode 4, they haven't really started yet and it's bewildering xD

I love the "Idea" of it, but yea, wwwaaayyyy to much.

I will look at Thaumcraft again and see if it has a 1.6.4 mod. That adds another level to everything, but its not bad, its pretty much what you make of it.

yea, thats why I love the Underground Biomes mod.

It adds in a ton of different cobblestone, as well as like 20 new types of underground structures.

Iron Golems are Vanilla

There are a few mods out there that add more golems, and ones that even cut trees and mine for you.

uuhh, I think Ars MAgica is the mod? I don't think it was Thaumcraft 3......

let me look at it again

Also, I know there are Mods that add Bee's, including magic bee's that mine and what not as well.

oh yea!

In the server settings I have created so far, I have the difficulty as "Normal"

Mob Griefing turned off (Enderman and creepers cannot move/ break blocks)

Fire Tick turned off (Fire will light, but will not spread, so you cannot burn down a forest, and neither will lightning)

//I turned off fire tick specifically as in 1.6.4 I burned down my house when I set up a lava forge, it then spread to the surrounding jungle. It was funny but it sucked.

I looked at Ars Magica (It adds a ton of awesome mobs, randomly spawning magic towers, and other things) but its not updated to 1.6.4 yet.

If you ever need anyone to test anything I'm on here all the time, lol

hey man, check out http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2011841-thaumcraft-402-updated-14102013/

and see what you think of it. I can add it in pretty easiliy

Teh author of that mod also has a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/azanor1

I am playing with Magic and Dimension mods tonight. Basically revisiting a few I used to play with in FTB.

I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

If this goes well, we should have something solid by the end of the week. Then I will work on a spawn point and what not