Minecraft server

Sennex

I am helping some knuckleheads run a Vanilla style minecraft server if anyone is interested

It has Towny, MCMMO, some voting thing, and a dozen other mods.

Its a small world, but so far shaping up rather well.

I can drop the IP and what not here if anyone is interested.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Not sure if they will update to 1.7 to be honest, but I do plan on having all of their mods handled by then, and am thinking about reopening a server.

If I do, I will keep Towny and MCMMO, as I enjoy them; as well as running 1.7

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Dude!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to reopen a server, get in touch. I'd be happy to pay towards the hosting bill, but you know I need your mad skillz for mods n shit. What's the deal with FTB? Some reckon it's a server crunching setup, others say it's teh sexxor.

banlol.png

FTB is going to be stuck in 1.5 land for a long time to come.

Mojangg is changing how they handle Item Codes, so there won't be a relation anymore between how they code MC, and how the Mod Authors code.

Which on one hand is really flippin horrible, but in the long term its good as it allows for better mods and removes the weird constraints where mods could never overwrite the base item codes.

Lately I am starting to back away from FTB/ Tekkit, its not nearly as much fun as it used to be for me. I think a modified Vanilla server would be the best way to go though.

Add in a few things like Towny, MCMMO, would make it a little better.

I was also thinking of maybe doing a "nation style" game, which is something that Towny lends itself towards.

IDK to be honest, I have loads of ideas, but not really sure how to proceed with it.

I'm interested.  I miss Minecraft.  I'll need help setting it up again, Sennex.  I should still have that file you sent me.  Maybe this week we could Skype/TeamSpeak and get it set up. 

No idea what Towny is... need to look it up. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I can help you,

just Download the new version of the game as what I sent you ages ago will not work with new servers.

Oh okay.  Cool. 

I don't even know if I know my log-in and password!  crap... I need to get this sorted. 

A while back I went from yahoo mail to gmail and removed my yahoo account completely.  I've been having problems with things that are linked to that account.  I hope this isn't the case. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

You will definitely need your login.

Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, as well as an optional daily tax set by the mayor. The player can allow his friends from out of town to build on his land when even his very own town's people can't build if he so wishes.

The bases of protection follows under how the world is separated into chunks. For those unaware, minecraft servers are broken up into 16x16x128 sections of blocks. The 128 being the height from the adimantium floor to the clouds in the sky. The protection ignores the height an focuses on the x and z planes. The default size for grid squares is 16x16, similar to the chunk size (configurable when you start using towny). So claiming a townblock (a grid square) allows that section of land to follow your town's or the plot owner's permissions.

Each town can claim up to a certain amount of townblocks, a set ratio or amount configured in the setting that is relative to the amount of players taking residence in that town. Residents themselves have no limit on how many they claim, however the daily tax (when using alongside iConomy) will take a bite out of their resources. The money is tunneled to the town's bank account that only the mayor can withdraw from, except if the town belongs to a nation. Any town belonging to a nation may be required to pay the nation a daily upkeep as well.

MCMMO:

The goal of mcMMO is to take core Minecraft game mechanics and expand them into add an extensive and quality RPG experience. Everything in mcMMO has been carefully thought out and is constantly being improved upon. Currently, mcMMO adds thirteen unique skills to train and level in. Each of these skills is highly customizable through our configuration files, allowing server admins to tweak mcMMO to best suit the needs of his or her server. Additionally, when run in conjuction with SpoutPlugin, mcMMO also has a custom XP bar to allow for easy tracking of progress towards leveling up. Know that the mcMMO team is dedicated to providing an ever-evolving experience, and that we carefully read all feedback and bug reports in order to evaluate and balance the mechanics of mcMMO in every update.

(the thing I like about MCMMO is that it allows people to get rewards from basic building that you normally wouldn't get. Dirt will drop Glowstone dust, Gravel will drop bones, gunpowder, and flint, Trees will drop their leaves instead of saplings, etc..)

One other thing

I was thinking about making a "Themed" server, like maybe a Norse themed server. Not really sure what you all thought of that.

EDIT:

Also, depending on what mods folks would like to run, we (I) will need to do either a Forge server or Bukkit. MCPC which combined the two, appears to be dead, so no more mixing it up like we did before.

Wow man, this sounds absolutely amazing!  I love the RPG element.  The town thing sounds very interesting too.  I think a Norse theme would kick ass! 

I know someone who will be installing Minecraft again this week. 

I've been working for a while on how to handle this in a way that would be enjoyable for everyone.

This is all open to discussion:

What I consider Must Have mods:

Dynmap

Biomes o Plenty (This is what I use for the new Terrain generation, as well as the new Biomes)

NEI - Not enough items

Debatable mods:

Towny - see above

MCMMO - See above

Divine RPG  - Link to the Mod, http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1518578-164-betaforgesmpdivinerpg-8-new-dimensions-115-new-mobsbosses-hundreds-of-items-164-beta-released/ - Potential problems = It is currently only available for 1.5.2, I had wanted the server to be at least 1.6.4. There is a Single player beta of this mod for 1.6.4, but not a mulitplayer, yet.

Tree Capitator - I hate chopping tree's 1 block at a time. This mod has been on every server I have ever run/ hosted with you guys. MCMMO has a similar mechanic in it. but this one is always super fast updated to the latest MC version, where as MCMMO is not.

Thats really it on my list to be honest. Everything else can be handled internally to MC with /gamerule commands.

So that being said, what do you guys want?

Would you prefer an FTB style clone?

Would you prefer something more FTB lite?

Dimensions?

More Ore's?

Machines?

etc?

My focus in MC is always building and mining, I hate when endermen or Creepers blow my shit up. I rarely, if ever, wander about and fight mobs, unless they are in my town. The combat mechanics are crappy and I just have never enjoyed them. So that being said, my enjoyment in this game could be radically different than what you all have.

Also, would you guys be open to whitelisting the server, but taking applications for more members?

hey Harrison, can you check out the RPG Immersion Pack in FTB for me please?

Let me know your thoughts.

My focus in MC is always building and mining, I hate when endermen or Creepers blow my shit up. I rarely, if ever, wander about and fight mobs, unless they are in my town. The combat mechanics are crappy and I just have never enjoyed them. So that being said, my enjoyment in this game could be radically different than what you all have.

This.  I play to mine and create things.  I love the idea of an RPG element though, so it's going to be tricky to balance that.  How can we have enough RPG element, but still keep the focus on mining and building.  Is that do-able, or is it kind of one or the other? 

I completely trust you to do what you want.  I really enjoyed the last two worlds I played of yours.  They were great.  I'm too much of a noob at MC to suggest anything.  I'll work with whatever you decide.