The Culling

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been interested in gaming the last couple of months, but this has gotten me back into it. I haven't felt a sense of accomplishment in a game, like winning in this in a long long time.

My only gripe would be the current lack of EU servers. It's definitely still playable, but the EU servers can't come quickly enough.

I haven't been interested in gaming the last couple of months, but this has gotten me back into it. I haven't felt a sense of accomplishment in a game, like winning in this in a long long time.

My only gripe would be the current lack of EU servers. It's definitely still playable, but the EU servers can't come quickly enough.

Yeah, I got screwed over something rotten with lag last night - had a belting match and got about 3 kills only to be undone with three players left and one guy I could no hit whatsoever. The game seems to be smooth as hell but the lag is so visible in the fights. Cracking fun though, plenty of tension and no game ever pans out the same. The UI and HUD are very user friendly with is another massive positive.

The community market has just opened up too so I'll be selling my earned t-shirts on there for wallet money - made 1p so far B)

Yeah, I got screwed over something rotten with lag last night - had a belting match and got about 3 kills only to be undone with three players left and one guy I could no hit whatsoever. The game seems to be smooth as hell but the lag is so visible in the fights. Cracking fun though, plenty of tension and no game ever pans out the same. The UI and HUD are very user friendly with is another massive positive.

The community market has just opened up too so I'll be selling my earned t-shirts on there for wallet money - made 1p so far B)

I jumped on the market this morning when the prices were still settling down. Made a couple of quid on paintball and swat masks.

What tactics are you using at the moment?

I jumped on the market this morning when the prices were still settling down. Made a couple of quid on paintball and swat masks.

What tactics are you using at the moment?

I'm taking each match as it comes as every single one seems completely different. I tend to loot as much as possible before confronting other players and when I'm kitted out reasonably and other players have been eliminated; I start going for it. A couple of matches earlier, I jumped the gun and was eliminated very quickly but I tend to do better just playing it safe; grabbing as much FUNC and trying to obtain powerful weapons. Luck can be a factor though as I've spent ages in other matches just trying to concoct something and despite lasting a while; had literally nothing to show for it. I do keep my eye on the scoreboard as much as possible because if one player has 3+ kills; he's gonna be well prepped whereas if people have a kill here and a kill there; chances are; it's quite an even playing field. NA servers are the only thing that's proving a stumbling block so far but on the whole; very entertaining game!

How are you approaching it Jordie? 

Right now I'm just using the random air drop and calling in as many as possible to unlock them all. For me a match goes something like:

Backpack, sneaky perk thing, 10% movement speed perk

Spawn

Craft a blowdart gun and knife (and turn the knife into a spear asap). This is usually enough to put up a good fight at the early stages.

Hoard all of the FUNC I can. I put almost everything in the recycling machines that I find, as well as collecting FUNC canisters on the edges of the map.

If I see an unnaware, easy target I'll jump on them. Otherwise I avoid conflict initially.

Call in the airdrop as soon as possible. I find drops with the rifle and pistol to be the best so far.

Continue to circle the map, gathering FUNC for ammo and looking for a better melee weapon and med items.

Continue to pick off weak targets.

Eventually run to the middle and try to survive...

The odds are obviously against you every game, but this has helped me win a few times so far  ;)

Right now I'm just using the random air drop and calling in as many as possible to unlock them all. For me a match goes something like:

Backpack, sneaky perk thing, 10% movement speed perk

Spawn

Craft a blowdart gun and knife (and turn the knife into a spear asap). This is usually enough to put up a good fight at the early stages.

Hoard all of the FUNC I can. I put almost everything in the recycling machines that I find, as well as collecting FUNC canisters on the edges of the map.

If I see an unnaware, easy target I'll jump on them. Otherwise I avoid conflict initially.

Call in the airdrop as soon as possible. I find drops with the rifle and pistol to be the best so far.

Continue to circle the map, gathering FUNC for ammo and looking for a better melee weapon and med items.

Continue to pick off weak targets.

Eventually run to the middle and try to survive...

The odds are obviously against you every game, but this has helped me win a few times so far  ;)

Good stuff! I'm gonna have a more detailed look at the perk variations too so I can get a better balance. I rarely run into people right off the bat although a game today I ran into a couple; killed one and didn't have enough time to get healed so I died with the second. I'm pretty beastly with the bow right now and lag doesn't seem to be affecting distance combat too much. I need to make better use of the FUNC though as I'm too impatient with opening boxes and wasting it - only managed to save up for two airdrops so far!  

I wish I could use the bow.... or throw weapons. I'm terrible at range with anything other than the rifle or blowdart gun  :lol:

My rule with F.U.N.C is to only use it on airdrops, or health if desperate. Only after I've got good gear will I try my luck with blue boxes :)