Mass Effect: Andromeda writer joins Bungie

Sennex

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/02/15/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-writer-leaves-bioware-to-join-bungie.aspx

On November 7, 2014 ("N7 Day" as it's known to Mass Effect fans), BioWare introduced Chris Schlerf as the new lead writer for its upcoming follow-up to the beloved Shepard trilogy. Schlerf, who was the lead writer of Halo 4, joined BioWare Montreal to work on the game we now know as Mass Effect: Andromeda. Today, through a series of tweets, Schlerf confirmed that he has left BioWare to join Bungie.

You can read his tweets on his departure from BioWare and arrival at Bungie below.

To confirm what some folks asked about a few months back, I am no longer working on ME:A at BioWare Montreal.

— schlerf (@schlerf) February 16, 2016

Sincerely one of the best experiences of my career-I'm incredibly grateful to have worked w/ such talented & truly wonderful human beings.

Think MEA is really gonna blow people away; couldn't be prouder to be part of it, & excited like a lil kid to play the final when it's out.

All that said, very happy to be back in Seattle, working with this scrappy little company called Bungie that some of you may have heard of.

Think we might have some interesting stories to tell...

The news comes hot on the heels of another major departure from BioWare: David Gaider, who was instrumental in crafting the Dragon Age universe. Gaider recently announced that he has joined Beamdog as creative director. Just a few weeks prior to that, Andromeda's senior development director, Chris Wynn, announced his departure from the team. Wynn has since become the executive producer of H1Z1 at Daybreak.

Mass Effect: Andromeda was officially unveiled at last year's E3 and is currently slated to release sometime in 2016.

We have reached out to EA for more information and will update this story if we receive comment.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All these departures from BioWare have me concerned. When creative people leave a company it's often due to a disagreement with management about a projects direction and dudes in suits aren't necessarily the best judge of what gamers want.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

All these departures from BioWare have me concerned. When creative people leave a company it's often due to a disagreement with management about a projects direction and dudes in suits aren't necessarily the best judge of what gamers want.

The fact the one of the guys was tweeting he still expects it to be a great game will be something to cling to, but yeah, I know what you mean... ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

they should just update the graphics on the ME3 MP. i'd buy that.

also sorry i missed you the other night -- next time you're on i'll quit and join up. my B.

Lol, it's fine brotato chip. I had to play a bunch of silver to get my sea legs back. And yes, just take ME3 MP, spruce up the graphics, reduce load times, improve net code, fix rocket glitch, and it's perfect.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.