Battlefront reduced on UK PSN

crispymorgan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

£37 is still way too expensive for this game - I think £24.99 tops. There were many Black Friday deals which dropped it to around the £30 mark but it still didn't tempt me.  Trouble is when this gets to a more attractive price; I think the people departing the game will still outweigh any quantity of prospective buyers and I don't really want to join a community that's dwindling. 

I've been following the player counts closely and PS4 gets around 70,000 at peak right now, Xbox One nets about 40,000 and PC is surprisingly high at 15,000 but just like Battlefield Hardline, Evolve and another brands like this; those figures have a habit of plummeting and a game like Battlefront lacks the core content to keep players engaged and the season pass is just unjustifiable. 

Bloody EA! 

EA told their share holders that the would sale 16M copies of this game.

Hopefully dwindling players and them missing projected sales to their share holders will be enough to smarten up the industry and let them know that gamers are tired of half finished products. 

At least that's the optimist in me speaking. 

Here's the thing,the game is fun. It's actually exactly as advertised. They did a lot of work to fix things that were broken in the beta. You can jump into a game and just enjoy it without all the bullshit that comes with online multi-player games. They did a really good job of balancing the FPS fan and the starwars fan. The mechanics are top notch. Plenty of game modes to play. It's not worth the $60 price tag bit definitely worth the $40. Don't hate on something you haven't tried just because it's EA. My biggest complaint is the longevity of it isn't there right now. I remember the same people saying that about destiny though. How has that worked out

EA are cunts, but this game is just like Destiny as far as content. Right now it's a bit shallow but when some more DLC is added the game will actually be really nice.

The mechanics are smooth and honestly it is one of the most beautifully rendered games I've seen- especially on a console. I should really research which engine they built the game on.

I say it's worth the money.

I don't believe you will see a yearly release of this game like you do Battlefield and Call of Duty.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

EA told their share holders that the would sale 16M copies of this game.

Hopefully dwindling players and them missing projected sales to their share holders will be enough to smarten up the industry and let them know that gamers are tired of half finished products. 

At least that's the optimist in me speaking. 

Hopefully DICE will remain committed like they did with Battlefield 4 without feeling forced to but as Battlefield 5 is in the works and several key staff have switched projects including Dan Vaderlind; I can only see the 'withheld' material being integrated into the game and then that'll be that. It still seems like a flavour of the month title and there are much better titles out there for a lot less money. 

I played the beta but I was put off the game long before that. No proper ADS - no Phil. 

I had a go anyway and for me:

it is beautiful

it is aimed at a wide audience

kids and casuals will love it

shocking lack of decent content

AngryJoe's review was pretty on the spot

jeffersonclasswar.jpg