The Division Alpha

J4MES OX4D

Alpha starts this week on Xbox One apparently but the PC and PS4 versions have been delayed until January which will be the beta. Game is released in March. 

Here is the latest footage and this game looks worse and worse the more they showcase it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZLW-T2aAo

Also Ubisoft have put in a strict NDA with the following conditions:-

NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT:

• If you are selected for the Alpha, you will have to accept an in-game Non-Disclosure Agreement when launching the Alpha for the first time.
  • By agreeing to our NDA in-game, you commit not to:
    • Live stream on Twitch, Youtube Gaming or any other streaming platform,
    • Capture or share gameplay content,
    • Post images or screenshots,
    • Discuss the Alpha.

Wankers. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch Dogs was an eye-opening game for me. Was a shadow of it could have been, and how it was presented.

Oh dude, you nailed it with this one.

I bought the game purely because it was based in Chicago. I really wanted to take my son around the city and show him a bunch of cool things from when I lived there.

NEWP, Sears tower is not even a full city block, let alone the lack of the rest of the amazing buildings down there.

That being said, just after my wife ordered it, I started watching gameplay videos.  About that time I realized I had been screwed by the game. I bought into the PR without doing research. The driving was horrible, the hacking was "spam button", and once I finished the story I was annoyed all to hell and back

It was one of the laziest games I have ever played. It never once knew if it wanted to be a shooter, a driving game, or a Sandbox game.

Sadly my son still enjoys watching me play it and blowing stuff up, so I still do.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

There are still developers I trust without question: Naughty Dog, CD Projekt Red, From Software, Kojima, I'm sure several others. Ubisoft is most definitely not on the list.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Wow, Ubisoft have been very busy last 24 hours as videos are being removed in their droves. When other developers/publishers are confident in their products; they welcome users uploading or streaming their tiles and the likes of Black Ops 3 beta; Treyarch encouraged users to upload and share. Ubisoft seem to be desperately keeping this game under wraps aside from their upscaled, scripted promotional 'gameplay' videos; apart from the users who have pre-ordered the game and have immediate access. The fact people can't even talk about it just screams suspicion and if you want to play the beta; you have to pay full whack for the privellage. Either they are keeping the best game ever quiet or they have no confidence in the game and are embarrassed.

This wont last long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9nhmQNFT0

I just noticed the title of the OP

Why is it Female Full gameplay?

Do male/ female characters have different stories?

(Warning: I didn't watch the video. So forgive me that)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I just noticed the title of the OP

Why is it Female Full gameplay?

Do male/ female characters have different stories?

(Warning: I didn't watch the video. So forgive me that)

I don't think there is any story really - it just highlights that Ubisoft have a character customisation available and you can play as a female. I really don't know what the format is of this game but it appears most of it is just rolling missions which you can solo or co-op whilst going PvP or PvE. For a game of this magnitude; the publicity has been appalling really and Ubisoft haven't conveyed much detail.

...and it's gone already, lol  Damn.

Did you watch it all? 

Thoughts?

Wow, Ubisoft are really hot on taking anything down in a matter of hours, Really don't know why they are taking such a negative stance to users who have bought the game that they can't even talk about their experience let alone upload a video!

I did see the gameplay video in its entirety and it does look pretty good visually - much better than expected. It showed daytime, night, snow and other weather effects which looked impressive in what was a highly detailed world. In gameplay terms; it does seem a bit bland and the AI looks questionable. The HUD is also a bit cluttered and untidy - it could do with shrinking and moving to the corners of the screen. The gameplay mechanics appear much looser than seen previous but they do seem fluid. Ubisoft's games like this and Siege are very conceptually-delicate so to get the best out of this game; I think people will have to be playing co-op and play it the way it was intended in regards to survival for the best experience. Solo players may get underwhelmed by repetitive missions in typical sandbox fashion. 

So a new trailer is out, I'm sure a few have already seen it but just in case:

My tuppence:

1. Ubisoft's marketing department is excellent :blink:  but I was more intrigued with the bits of gameplay James was posting. They actually got me excited in the game again. Not Ubisoft's bullshit team.

2. If they get it right this could be an awesome game for teamwork etc, could even have multiple FG teams all joining up. Dominating the apocalypse sounds right up our street ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg